Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    "Is that 1000ma AC demand or DC output current?" DC output current, you cannot draw more current than the input will allow, that is, if the converter is only rated at 9000ma or 410ma you cannot draw 1000ma otherise the converter will overload and blow a fuse or worse.
  2. P

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    They say, "100 Watt Step Up and Step Down" 100 watts at 110 V = 900ma 100 watts at 240 V = 410ma The power supply that comes with the trainset is 1000ma. Here is an Email that I received on Enquiry. Thank you for your email. The GWR Local Freight Set is provided with a transformer...
  3. P

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    If you want to use the controller that comes with the set, you will have to have a 110v AC to 16v AC power adaptor as the controller requires 16v AC to run.
  4. P

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    "I posted this on another website just to get a number of suggestions." and The answer is on the other website!!
  5. P

    Hakko Soldering Stations and Soldering Eq.

    Hakko Soldering Stations Hi Jason, I'm a electronic technician by trade and I have had the 936 station just after they came out, and I totally agree with you they are the best and will last a very long time. I am going to stick with my 936 as at the moment I don't see any reason to get rid...
  6. P

    Chinese Factory Closure

    Athearn Anticipates Delays On Some Products Mon, 2012-01-16 11:37 On January 14, the Athearn division of Horizon Hobby announced that delivery of some new products may be delayed by the unexpected shutdown of one of its contract manufacturers in China. Athearn’s announcement came...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top