Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Another WTH Ebay Moment

    Well here is another one, I was looking for some flickering leds when I came across this one, normally just a couple of bucks each, but this guy states that he has sold 3 at this price...
  2. P

    Fiber Optics

    Hi NWCanuck, I'm using side glow fiber optics for lighting in my passenger cars and also buildings using leds, I'm also planning on using it in my backdrop when I get the timber ready to put in place to make the backdrop I am going to use it for stars at night. This is where I bought the...
  3. P

    Wholesale trains.com

    I have to agree with Railphotog and bigB, while their prices are pretty good, they make up for it by the shipping costs. I cancelled an order because their shipping cost was more than the cost of goods that I was buying.
  4. P

    YES then DOH

    Hi blvdbuzzard, I don't know why the lights would blow if they were connected correctly, as the dcc board has resistors on it so that will not happen. The front lights go to the two inside connectors on the front of the board, the outside connectors one goes to the chassis and the other to...
  5. P

    Question about ditching lights and Athearn RTR

    Hi Andrew, If you want to know how to add the ditch lights and red reversing lights, go to youtube and watch the following videos, this guy has a great video on installing a qsi revolution decoder with ditch and reversing lights, this is what taught me how to go about it. There are 6 parts A...
  6. P

    QSI Mini Oval Speaker and Mni Oval Enclosure

    Hi Ken, It will work Ok, if you look at MRC Sound Decoders, they have the enclosure over the front of the speaker, I have done this with Digitrax sound decoders and it works ok. Here is a pic of the MRC decoder:
  7. P

    QSI Mini Oval Speaker and Mni Oval Enclosure

    Hi ken, Here is the Email that I received Back: First off we DO recommend mounting that speaker with the solder tabs on the outside of the enclosure, this makes sure that you won't get any interferance with the movement of the speaker cone. We've seen this issue, our speaker vendor...
  8. P

    QSI Mini Oval Speaker and Mni Oval Enclosure

    I couldn't get it to sit into the enclosure with the solder tabs inside, so I've sent an Email to QSI and waiting to hear from them, in the meantime I've have installed it in my loco without any enclosure and it seems to work fine, I think that I will probably change it for the HB90S QSI High...
  9. P

    QSI Mini Oval Speaker and Mni Oval Enclosure

    Hi Ken Portner, I just received the very same speaker and enclosure this week, and the speaker cannot sit into the enclosure as there is a step there, it just sits about half way in with the solder tabs facing up, it will not go in if the solder tabs are inside, at least the 2 I have will...
  10. P

    Diorama Retirement Gift

    A really great job Plymouth71, I think that I will come and work for you, then Retire, it's worth the Retirement Gift.
  11. P

    Adding working lights to firetruck?

    Hi Larry, Thanks for your kind offer, but I am not in need of any leds as I have plenty, I was just referring to an earlier post about Lights4Models.com prices. I know Lu from wehonest and have been dealing with him for years. I just wanted to thank you Larry for your kind offer, many thanks.
  12. P

    Adding working lights to firetruck?

    Hi Wayne, Thanks for the link, however they are way way too expensive, almost a joke, for 5 leds they want $15, and for a single led they want $3.50, that's non flashing, 3mm or 5mm or smd or 1.8mm, prices the same for flashing leds, they only know two prices $15.00 & $3.50.
  13. P

    Connecting multiple DS64's

    Hi OnTheRightTrack, The DS64 has two loconet sockets in the back, so you just plug in the loconet cable into one then another cable from that one to the next DS64 and so on, then you have to set the id of each DS64, Address, etc plus the output switch numbers etc. You can download the manual...
  14. P

    Adding working lights to firetruck?

    Hi northernwoodw, I model in HO scale and I got some police cars and ambulances and fire trucks in 1/87 scale from the states. I have put flashing lights in the police cars and also the ambulances, fire trucks next. I first started out by making a simple alternating flasher for the first...
  15. P

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    You are better off to stick to the manafacturer's recommended power supply as electronic components have their tollerances and while 1 volt doesn't seem much, it may be the straw that breaks the camels back.
  16. P

    Model Railroad News 2012 - catalogs and brochures

    Here's a couple that you can download in PDF format: 2012 Bachmann catalog 2012 Williams Catalog http://www.williamstrains.com/2012/2012_bachmann.pdf http://www.williamstrains.com/2012/2012_williams.pdf
  17. P

    New SMD 402 LED Colors

    Rather a bit too expensive for me, I use SMD SMT 0603 which cost me $7.65 per 100 or the PLCC-2 at $7.49 per 100 and wire them myself. The SMD 0603 is just a little larger at 1.6 mm × 0.8 mm.
  18. P

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    Hi Far Side of the World, Right on, That will do you nicely, and cheaper, it is exactly the same as what Bachmann supply.
  19. P

    Soundtraxx Tsunami : sound is very low.

    Hi jagc1969, Have you tried a reset on the decoder, also you could try another speaker, where is the speaker located in the loco.
  20. P

    UK/US power converter - where to find?

    Those ones are the right input (110V) but Not the right output, they are DC, and you want AC. Here is one that would do the job: http://www.digitrax.com/prd_ps_ps315.php You should be able to pick it up cheaper at one of the the hobby shops as that price is a recommended retail price and...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top