Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Electric Mini-connectors between Locos (and tenders)

    The most common connectors out there are called JST Connectors, they are available in different colours and different pin configurations. You can find heaps of these on Ebay if you put in a search for the number of pins like "6 pin JST connector" also you can see them on the manufacturers...
  2. P

    Dirt roads... How do I make them!

    You may get an idea from this article, also if you do a search you will find some more. http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/3343
  3. P

    Physical disability, layout height pro's and cons. Help please.

    Hi JimT, Rather than lowering the benchwork is there any way that you could build a platform so that you could be seated and operate your layout and this way if you have to stand up you would be able to reach everything. I was thinking of just a decking style of platform along the front of the...
  4. P

    Proto 2000 sd7 LED question

    You probably have the led wired backwards, leds have polarity, just wire it around the other way and it should work. The long lead on the led is positive while the shorter leg is negative, so if you swap the wires over it should work. Not seeing it I think that is what you may have done.
  5. P

    Making Aged Signs

    Here is a great tutorial for making great faded signs on brick walls where the bricks actually show through. http://www.port-kelsey.com/?p=386
  6. P

    Dual speakers for a Tsunami sound decoders

    I use 2 8ohm speakers as laid out by Soundtraxx, and they work great. http://www.soundtraxx.com/manuals/Tech_note%208.pdf
  7. P

    Pr3xtra

    The only difference between the PR3 and the PR3Xtra is that the PR3Xtra comes with a power supply. I use the PR3 just for programming under JMRI and connect to the layout with locobuffer usb. You can download updates and drivers from the Digitrax site under the downloads tab.
  8. P

    Consists speed matching

    As Digitrax have 3 different methods of consisting: ! Basic Consist 2 Advanced 3 Universal This video should help you as you can let the command station handle it. http://www.digitrax.com/support/video-depot/dcc-basics/consisting-muing-dt402-series/
  9. P

    Lenz Decoders dropping configuration after a short circuit

    Hi Gregmo, I have quite a few Lenz decoders and I find them pretty good, never had a problem with them. You might like to read the following item, it may help you out: Why Do My Decoders Sometimes RESET? http://tonystrains.com/tonystips/2011/032211.htm
  10. P

    US Postage

    I forgot to mention, mine went a different route than yours:
  11. P

    US Postage

    Hey tootnkumin, I wouldn't worry too much, it is probably already in Australia, I'm on the Central Coast of NSW and I order all the time from Klien's, a lot of the time the USPS do not update their website, at the moment I have a parcel showing the same date as yours and it has cleared Chicago...
  12. P

    Passenger LEDs

    I tried just a rectifier I was running on 16.6v and the leds were much too bright as these are made for cars which is around 13.8v they will take the higher voltage for a very short time, you really need to use a 7812 voltage regulator to peg the voltage at 12v and a cap across the output to...
  13. P

    Passenger LEDs

    If you look at the strip it has a resistor between each led, so it can run on 12v and if you cut it in halves where the two pads are, you can still run both sections on 12v each. The only problem with using leds on DC are they are polarised, which means if they work when you are going forward...
  14. P

    Grade crossing flasher detection unit - recommendations needed

    Logic Rail Technologies make two versions, one is for use with photocells and the other is with Infrared sensing. http://www.logicrailtech.com/gcp.htm Manuals: photocells version: http://www.logicrailtech.com/gcp_inst.pdf Infrared detection version...
  15. P

    Train carrying cases?

    There are plenty of carry cases, just google "ho scale carry case" http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/116-19256
  16. P

    Mars Light on Digitrax Decoder

    Hi thegenieoffunk, Yes the decoder can do Mars,ditch, gralites,random flicker,single and double pulse strobe lighting effects, you will just need ordinary leds and resistors for each led. If you go to the Digitrax site and download the decoder manual, it will show you how to hook it up and...
  17. P

    Another Ebay moment

    Even with a 10% discount I don't think anyone is in a hurry to buy this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOX-FOAM-ONLY-NO-BRASS-LOCO-Nickel-Plate-Products-DL-W-Q-4-4-8-4-0-O-Rare-HO-/181102893238?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item2a2a92d8b6
  18. P

    DCC help- Kato SD45

    Hi Psapple83, Going by the pics there, all you have to do is to remove the 2 little jumpers from the 8 pin socket and then put in a decoder with the 8 pin connector. The jumpers are there so it will run on DC, when you remove them and put your decoder in, it will run on DCC.
  19. P

    Station with sound

    This site may help you out, there is a video there that demonstrates their product. http://bouldercreekengineering.com/
  20. P

    JMRI for idiots....

    Hi AllenB, This sight should be able to help you a bit with JMRI, it has Videos and PDF files that you can either watch or download. http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/mrht_decoderpro




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top