Consists speed matching

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


rzw0wr

Newbie Switchman
I have a Digitrax DS100 and a DT402 throttle.
I have 2 engines I would like to consist together.

The problem is 1 engine runs about 50% faster than the other.
How do you set the speeds to match?

Thank you,
Dale
 
You can do it. Just set the maximum speed on the faster engine to 50%. i don't know what CVs for those digitrax decoders are though. You will have to search, read the manual, or search the internet for that. Buts its called "maximum speed".

What decoders are in these two engines?

I do this in JMRI Deconder Pro, and it doesn't show the CV for that setting. Using this makes speed matching so much easier.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


OK, this consisting thing is driving me crazy.
I found some directions on the web.
http://tonystrains.com/technews/loconews/loco_speed_matching_easy.htm
I use Digitrax decoders. Both are DH165KO.
I am not using DecoderPro yet.
I don't know how to connect it to my computer or with what wires or connection hardware.

Questions:
Do I use the 3 speed CVs or the speed table CVs.
Do I set CV29 to enable the speed table or disable the speed table.

If I disable the speed table CVs 66 and 95 (trim, forward and reverse) do not appear to be working.
If I enable the speed table then CVs 2,5 and 6 do not appear to work.

The directions tell me to disable BEMF (CV57).
When I do every thing appears to go deep south. My locos don't move until speed setting 8 or 10.


Dale
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top