ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
T
Thanks to all that replied, I'll be looking into those sets mentioned. I heard athearn could be better starter set wise, and I have looked at their genisis line, which seems the better way to go if going with that company. Thanks again
-
T
Think he is talking about a caboose :)
-
T
Corey, that is simply amazing.. Love the layout with the road bridge and the train overpass.. seems fitting having the steamy in the pic too.. like it a lot!
-
T
Lookin good! That's kind of what I want in my layout, a rural/farm area.
-
T
I think it's just cause I don't have the patience to sit there and learn. Don't get me wrong, the software seems like it really helps. I don't know, maybe I'll tough out the patience here soon. After all I need to start mapping out my layout.
-
T
Liking the shelf layout, but I must say I absolutely despise the software used.. :confused::confused:
-
T
My bad...
http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH1073
-
T
Was wondering what all your opinions are on the Athearn Iron Horse set? Set comes with a GP38-2.
here is a link: http://www.athearn.com/Products/Defa...ProdID=ATH1003
I'm looking at getting a decent starter kit, seeing how the only engine I have is in an unknown state. Also, is there an...
-
T
Well thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'll end up running longer engines and rolling stock, so I'll rethink my layout. Thanks again!
-
T
So if I did a 4'x8' layout, using the 22" radius would that work for a turn?
-
T
What's the recommended turn radius for HO scale? Looking to design a shelf layout and hopin to get a lower deck system.
-
T
I could have sworn I already had a login on this site, but can't seem to get into it. Any who, I'm getting back into the hobby after a long time off. Have to pretty much start fresh, don't have anything left except one diesel engine and some rolling stock (bought from antique store). Hope I can...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)