Weekly Photo Phun! 7/1-8

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


newlayout6-17-11020.png
 
Corey, that is simply amazing.. Love the layout with the road bridge and the train overpass.. seems fitting having the steamy in the pic too.. like it a lot!
 
Ray, that workshop just kicks me over the edge man. Great work! Jeff, you need to whip up on Ezra and tell him to clean up under those trees. Good weathering CCRider. Alan, the trolleys and flatcars look great. Jeff, that what-ever-it-is of yours looks good. Everything on it looks like it belongs. Corey, those are some darn good looking bridges.
 


My Atlas GP39-2 was just bought and is now ready to switch anything. I just need to finish benching, but she's a display on my desk for now.:D
 
Nice work fellas! Alan, you really threw me for a loop! I thought I was the only closet traction fan here! LOL!

And now, for your consideration, Western Maryland 209, only one of 4 that the WM converted to oil burning to comply with Baltimore's anti smoke ordinances. I started with a Mehano coal fired Pacific. I wont divulge the actual original road (cuz the Bama gang might kill me:eek:) but after I stripped all the green paint off, I redetailed her, converted the tender to oil, added a Soundtraxx decoder and speaker, and an A-line motor and flywheel. It took a good bit of work, but now I have a reasonable stand in for something that has only ever been done in brass. (Tooooooo much $$$$$$)
WM209oilfired.JPG
 
Nice work fellas! Alan, you really threw me for a loop! I thought I was the only closet traction fan here! LOL!

Nope! You aren't alone. I wondered if I'd draw anyone else out! These things are really neat. While many of us struggle with train length and minimum radius, the guys who model this stuff just grin happily and cram huge anounts of stuff into relatively small spaces, and it's all true to prototype. It was kind of unsettling the first time I ran one through a 5 3/4" radius curve though! Since I have my club for long trains and broad curves, I'm considering a small traction layout for at home. The guys at the club all groan when I bring these down to test run. :D
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top