ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
L
power
I've taken the advise of others and contacted Tony's. And in talking with them I'm going with the 5 amp upgrade. Also they recommended to wait on some of the other stuff I was thinking about due to some of the news stuff that is coming out shortly, and with that the prices will be coming...
-
L
red mtn.
Jim
I knew I had read something about Red mtn and the civil war. It was for the iron ore. The south used it for the making of guns and all other weapons. And of coarse the RR.
-
L
Southern RR
How about that. It took a Southern Railroader to get us back on track. Words well spoken.
-
L
ballest
That's a good idea. I have to drive into town today so I'll check out the feed store. We may not have any hobby store's or Wal-mart. In the entire county we only have about 2,500 people but in the summer we have about 20,000 head of cattle. Do we have livestock feed!
-
L
fish girl
Jim
Was it the fish-belly that got to you? Sorry
-
L
power
Bob, the car looks very good. With or with out the sound I'm sure it would turn heads. My ranch truck is an 83 ford F350. I made the flat bed and put in a bored out blue oval that has a few other goodies (not as good as yours) but it hauls cattle like nothing else. I left the outside the...
-
L
power
It looked like it was missing the interior also. But I've entered cars in the under construction class before. Just tell me it's not a trailer queen.
-
L
ballest
Thanks, now I know what to order.
-
L
power
I would think that it would jump where's the ladder bars? The body looks nice, it looks like it's metal rather than plastic. How many hours to get it that way? The part of building up a car I liked the best was to start it for the first time knowing that that engine didn't belong in that...
-
L
Power
Now that's one big RAT! And I think you know what I mean. To feel the power of something that was not suppose to be is just out of this world. What's it going in? An FN1 and your track is going to take the load. It looks great. You do know what I mean by the term Rat don't you. What's the...
-
L
ballest
That's part of my problem. The nearest model train store is 3 1/2 hours away so all of my purchases are over the net and there is no way I can do that test with the hand. But I still can remember throwing some of those rocks as a kid. And lining up the pinnies on the tracks.
-
L
ballest
Which size would you recommend for HO and also N?
-
L
power
I guess my wife would best describe me as being the guy on tv putting a bigger motor on a dishwasher and when it's turned on it shoots out the door because of too much power. When I was building street rods I always put the biggest motor I could in her and then just feel the vibration of...
-
L
Is 10 amp dcc to much for HO? I want to run at least 3 or 4 HO at one time and possibly N scale also down the future.
-
L
great work
Jeff & DJ
Did you buy a back drop or did you do your own and if so how? They both blend in rather well.
Chris
Nice trestle, how long did that take?
I'm just amazed at the quality of work that can be found here with the forum members. I'm learning a lot just by seeing what...
-
L
fish girl
If you look at my post time of 3:58 pacific (another sleepless night) it was in the location where "Modeltrainsforbeginners.com is now. So it was probably one of the advertisers slipping it in some how. It was an image of a girl with the ad for I don't know what.
-
L
The UK
Great work! I have to ask how many months do you have into the layout? Your eye for detail is top notch. I was over there and took a ride on a steamer in Brecon Beacon Wales and it looks just like some of it's scenery and the pictures I have. Just great work. Where do I order the fish...
-
L
lube
The Dextron III ATF tranny fluid is for Chevy's and won't work on my blue oval loco's. I'll have to try the FA or Mercron for mine. thanks for the tip. Using tranny fluid would be a cost savings.
-
L
Yes, I'm new here but I noticed that another new guy had been banded from the forum for a web link. I started up the forum this morning and there was an ad for plenty of fish .com, some sort of dating service, is that something I should expect here?
-
L
ballest
Jim
It sounds like your right, for $8.32 I'll have to remember to go on line to get their web site. My wife and I drove 100 miles last weekend to go to a train fair and all they really had was junk. I looked for ballast then and there wasn't any that I could find.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)