Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. L

    Keep alive install for ESU LokSound select

    follow the top most diagram/picture.
  2. L

    Keep alive install for ESU LokSound select

    Download the Loksound Select manual. On page 17 they have a picture. I should actually try this, I have an Intermountain SD40-2 and a TCS keep alive (capacitor pack).
  3. L

    HO oddball layout construction

    Try Anyrail, they have a trial version that lets you use a max of 50 pieces. You can use sections of flex to replace curved pieces and some creative juggling to work out a pretty complicated plan but keeping it under the 50 piece limit. Just break the layout down into sections and save them...
  4. L

    I was given permission to start fresh!

    Do you have pets or small kids? You could just remove the hinge pin with a hammer and nail and store the doors. Also what is your minimum radius? I can only guess that 18"R would be fine for the era you are planning on modeling. Could have broader curves for the mainline if you want to have a...
  5. L

    CNW switching layout

    Check out this industry. 3807 SE Hidden Way Vancouver, WA 98661 If you have Google Earth and go backwards in time you can see that they use both tracks. The "escape" track has space for just one car and the engine. Geez.
  6. L

    New HO scale layout

    Hey I've been OTR for 13 months now. I'm at Swift. What company are you planning to go with? If you want more info from other truck drivers try out this site http://www.thetruckersreport.com It has a very active forum.
  7. L

    CNW switching layout

    "21778 Highview Ave, Lakeville, MN 55044" WOW
  8. L

    HO 12"x80" test/switching/display layout

    Oh god, last thing I want is a "Timesaver" layout.
  9. L

    CNW switching layout

    Awesome!, what did you use to weather that engine? Also you could model a truck to rail transfer facility. That way you can spot different cars along one track. I've Googled Earth some real spot for ideas. Here's a big one 330 Codoni Ave Modesto, CA 95357 A small one 28008-28014...
  10. L

    HO 12"x80" test/switching/display layout

    #4 wye used in bottom left Ceiling tiles glued on. Edges sealed with Mod Podge. Brown paint was mixed in. My rolling stock and lone engine. Will post more updates when I get home next month.
  11. L

    HO 12"x80" test/switching/display layout

    I have an Athearn SW1500 for power. I can always tack on extra track on the ends. I am keeping it small because I have this closet door, also haven't messed with HO for 10-12 years. I've never been at the scenery stage, might not get to it on this one.
  12. L

    Mini layout in the works

    I wish I had 10% of your skill, and motivation. I like that you explore new ideas. Keep the updates coming.
  13. L

    Adapting for myself HO 4x8

    No. Even SD40-2's might derail some cars attached to them. Usually people use B-B engines (GP60, RS11 four axle max engines), and 50 foot or shorter cars. I myself have use an 18"R as a minimum on my N scale layout.
  14. L

    I need local help

    The why is that you had a short and now you don't What the title says. And congratulations!
  15. L

    Decoder Install Questions

    Something is jammed into a gear or maybe between the motor and the motor frame. I once had the motor brush cap come off then I pushed it back in and the brush was caught at a weird angle and broke off. Had the same problem as you until I replaced it.
  16. L

    1' x 3' n scale layout idea

    Had a long message that was erased. Kato SD40-2 runs around 8" radius with body mounted couplers on 50' to 72' cars. An Exactrail Vertipac I own has truck mounted couplers to make the curve, whilst being coupled to other cars. Now the Kato does slow down on the curve but it makes it.
  17. L

    Hopeless newbie

    What scale? Era? Type of operation? I would go with N in that area, but HO might be more to your liking. Narrow it down a little.
  18. L

    Z scale static model? Shinkansen Bullet Train

    http://www.strapya-world.com/categories/12_55_3779.html Maybe fit a powered unit underneath?
  19. L

    A Hinged Fold Up Walkthru

    I'm glad you put a picture of your setup up. Gives me an idea for my removable section.
  20. L

    Interesting "intermodel loading"

    Wow! Nice mtrpls




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top