Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    This isn't the best pic with the milwaukee road black as a backdrop, but I think we are talking about the same parts. The connection on the left of the photo is the part you referenced with a link, the one on the right is what I'm talking about. Basically it just has the handrail running...
  2. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Thanks Jerome for the photo, do you know where/if they sell the smaller rail handrail connectors for the hood? Basically the smaller connectors between the larger ones that your model doesn't have. If you have the newest Walthers flyer with the Rock Island SW cover, it shows them in good...
  3. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Thanks Jerome, and do you know how many come per pack? Do you have a close up view of one installed on a model? Thanks, Jason
  4. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Jerome, or anyone else for that matter! I'm looking to possibly replace the handrail running along the side hood of my SW9 because it is curved (see photo). Plus I was hoping to add a similar handrail on my RSC2, see proto photo, runs from the front numberboard back to the cab. Just...
  5. jasonelki

    Painting a GE44 tonner - How crazy should I go?....

    Dating myself a bit, but from the old Guiness commercials, BRILLIANT! Yes, the underside of the shell is blue...duh.:o Ok, the shell is a different color blue, close, but not quite. Off to the store for more iso...
  6. jasonelki

    Painting a GE44 tonner - How crazy should I go?....

    Boy I hope they molded some in blue, I've had my shell in the alcohol for a day and a half and that stuff isn't budging! I am however, using "used" alcohol for the process, maybe I need to splurge the whole $2 and buy a fresh bottle of 91%!!
  7. jasonelki

    Painting a GE44 tonner - How crazy should I go?....

    Hmm, I guess I'll leave it overnight. Tried scrubbing with an old toothbrush after about an hour, and the blue is really hanging on, maybe I shouldn't have made that crack about the "boring" B & O blue... Hopefully an overnight stay in the alcohol won't do any harm, if so I'll have a reason...
  8. jasonelki

    Proto 2000 SW9/1200 new run vs. old?

    Thanks for the responses on this, I went ahead and picked up the older run SW9/1200 in Milwaukee Road, now I really have way too many loco's for my paultry layout! :D
  9. jasonelki

    Painting a GE44 tonner - How crazy should I go?....

    Ian, what color was the shell after you stripped the paint? Was it black like the athearn shells? I put my B & O shell in the 91% and the decals/paint came off in about a minute, but the rest of the dark blue color doesn't seem to budge... BTW, your paint job looks pretty good, that blemish...
  10. jasonelki

    Painting a GE44 tonner - How crazy should I go?....

    Very nice, I too have one of these I'm going to repaint into Milwaukee Road colors, good to see the original paint came off easy in the alcohol! That Sante Fe shell was nice looking, I would have felt bad getting rid of those colors! At least mine has that boring B & O blue!
  11. jasonelki

    Proto 2000 SW9/1200 new run vs. old?

    I see walthers is or has come out with another run of SW9/1200's, and I have the opportunity to purchase a similar unit, but of the old run(maybe 5 or 6 years, don't really know :o). Other than the occasional cracked gear in some of the older run Protos, is there some big difference I should...
  12. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    I think so, I've never seen one in person, just photos and yes, it does look a bit cumbersome. I busted off an order to Widget supply for the blades, seems like good prices.
  13. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Thanks Jerome, I guess I assumed the SW1500 would have molded irons like most of the athearn BB's! The GP7 I'm working on is that way. Sounds similar to how I remove molded irons, with a flat #17 chisel. I was looking at the MicroMark detail chisel but am too cheap to fork over ~$19 for it...
  14. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Jerome, how do you shave off the molded grab irons, do you use a detail chisel, or something else? Oh yeah, where is the bell for the SW1500? :D
  15. jasonelki

    Handrail? Model Railroader cover

    Yup, up on top. And yes, come to think of it, the 2 photos I mentioned both feature PRR locos. Interesting. Thanks!
  16. jasonelki

    Handrail? Model Railroader cover

    Ok, this might not be the best section to put this in, but here goes. On the cover of the Dec. 2010 MR it shows a PRR loco with what looks like a handrail running essentially the length of the engine, is that a handrail or something else? Some of the locos pictured in the April 2010 issue...
  17. jasonelki

    What kind of engine is this?

    Thanks for the heads up on this, didn't know that! I wonder why CN would go through the process of repainting the locos only to keep the WC and IC reporting marks? Or is it strictly to keep from re-numbering the locos?
  18. jasonelki

    What kind of engine is this?

    Cool, no wonder i didn't find it, I was looking for 1204 in CN colors! Thanks
  19. jasonelki

    What kind of engine is this?

    Saw this pair rolling through the yard in Stevens Point, WI on Saturday morning, looked on a few of the locomotive picture sites and didn't see this beast, any ideas about #1204?
  20. jasonelki

    Questions from a total noob...

    Wow, nice job, I've been watching this thread for awhile, and after seeing the couplers finally figured out its N scale:eek: I thought it was HO, fantastic work on a small loco!!




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top