Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. C

    light in passenger car

    Hi ! I receive the kit of light of rapido today. I don't find that it's the invention of the year... First of all i did not fit on branchline car ( it's sure that it's not the fault of rapido) Like other member tell it have only 2 LED. I will try to remove the clear plastic and...
  2. C

    Where to find detail parts for locomotives

    Hi ! The shipping price at walthers it's very expensive but it can good ! THanks !
  3. C

    Where to find detail parts for locomotives

    Hi ! Personnaly i buy in major part at Doug train's in Ontario, if you come from USA you can probably find better in your local area but like i'm from Canada it's better for me. The price are not better but it's good, the srvice is excellent, i order by e-mail and often i have a answer in...
  4. C

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    Hi ! I agree all what you tell, but like you tell anyone make a accurate model for CN, each one make the choice that he want and it's corect like that. Your model are very good looking. You make them yourself and you have fun, it's the important point ! I will buy a Atlas...
  5. C

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    Hi ! I find this picture and i compare with this one of atlas and for this model it look accurate... no ? http://www.cnrphotos.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=26277&g2_imageViewsIndex=2 Anyway, if someone don't like this model, just don't buy it ! lol MLW : It's true that i'm not the...
  6. C

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    The "main" page http://www.atlasrr.com/HOLoco/hogp40-2w.htm CN version http://download.atlasrr.com/Images/HOLocomotives/hogp40-2/0709/A_RearAngled.jpg GO version http://download.atlasrr.com/Images/HOLocomotives/hogp40-2/0709/B_RearAngled.jpg Thanks !
  7. C

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    Hi ! Nothing is impossible is for that that i prefer to see exactly what is it before to talk about them. I will check rapidly if i find the picture that i see and post them if i find it. THanks !
  8. C

    Lift Rings

    HI ! Not sure but if you talk of the "half moon" on the rear of the last fan, detail associate make them. Detail associate also make regular lift ring. THanks !
  9. C

    CN GP40-2LW Kitbash

    HI ! For the Atlas, Atlas write that it make the 2 model's of CN The 2 rear light for the ex-go and the one light for CN version with the corect numberboard for each one. Anyway i prefer to wait to see them before to tell that's this part are not corect but for all the wide cab that you...
  10. C

    CN boxcar paint and decals

    Hi ! Thanks again for your answer. I see that scalecoat make boxcar red #1, #2 and #3 Any comments on the color ? For ther decals the set of microscale are not too bad but i'M not sure that all decals are include and it's expensive because more that the half of the sheet are not...
  11. C

    CN boxcar paint and decals

    Hi ! I already try one time water base and it's a lot of problem, the primer that i use are solvent base and the paint do not " steal ? " on them. The adherence are better and the durability too with solvent base. It's my opinion. Thanks !
  12. C

    CN boxcar paint and decals

    I have find one... I don't know if it have different series number or other kind of lettering ? http://freight.railfan.ca/cgi-bin/image.pl?i=cn404785&o=cn maybe this one... http://freight.railfan.ca/cgi-bin/image.pl?i=cn406626&o=cn I'm waiting for your news Thanks !
  13. C

    CN boxcar paint and decals

    Hi ! I know that floquil are the best but i don't know if it make the right color. I know only one high cube box car the color is the conventional "box car red" the roof are silver and the upper part of the side are white. I will try to find a picture.. THanks !
  14. C

    CN boxcar paint and decals

    HI ! Thanks but i don't want to use acrylic paint and i'm looking for CN decals. Thanks !
  15. C

    CN boxcar paint and decals

    Hi ! I want to paint a 50' high cube box car and i want to know the paint that i can use ( i absolutly want solvent base ) and where i can find the decals for them ? Thanks !
  16. C

    project

    Hi ! The dash-9 i don't work on it for several month, it have a major fault that i don't like lol For the GP9RM I work a little bite, i added the winter hatch that i receive last week and the missing fan and i have make the "box" for the connection with the slug but it miss some mu wire...
  17. C

    HO scale layout at my local club

    Hi ! I just change the song because dailymotion refuse them... i just relaod them few second ago and edit the link. You are to fast :P sorry lol
  18. C

    HO scale layout at my local club

    HI ! We have starting to talk about them in a another tread, i have take some picture of the layout of my local club at Ste-Foy, Quebec. The pictures are not all 100% perfect but i don't have a lot of time this afternoon and tha "quality" of daily motion are lower too. In bonus on the...
  19. C

    project

    HI ! I started a new tread for more picture of the layout in the HO scale section. THanks !
  20. C

    Project for GP-40 CN

    Hi ! When i buy the locomotive, some people tell to me that it's accurate for CN L-O-L I find that's it's a lot of job for a locomotive that i pay over 100$ ! Anyway, i don't start this project this week, if someone have some answer to my question or comments, it's never too late...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top