Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    My first You Tube video Chicago South Shore GP38-2

    Css Since I kinda got this you tube thing figured out I am going to go down to the layout and take more video.I will and post it on the tube and try to post a link here.Thanks
  2. D

    My first You Tube video Chicago South Shore GP38-2

    Css I am sorry but I am an idiot.This is new to me I have no idea how to send a link. Once again I am sorry.
  3. D

    My first You Tube video Chicago South Shore GP38-2

    I have never posted any stuff on you tube and I just sort of figured out how to do it today. Not the best, but if you are interested, go to you tube and put in Chicago South Shore GP38-2 HO scale and you will see a custom painted gp38 I got from the bay about a year ago. I know that there are...
  4. D

    Found, great paint for model rr

    paint Here is the website www.synta.com on there they list a web site of a craft place that sells Anita's paints on line and they only ask .67 per bottle and it shows 17+pages of the colors you can buy. Hope this helps.
  5. D

    Found, great paint for model rr

    It is called Anita's All Purpose acrylic craft paint. This stuff is great. It is waterbase. I brushed it on a DPM kit right from the bottle and it looks air brushed. I have an airbrush and have done several kits with it and this paint(brushed on) lays down just as nice. It comes in lots and lots...
  6. D

    AC4400 or SD75 which is longer?

    I am guessing that it is the AC4400 but I am not sure.
  7. D

    Athearn rtr vs Altas silver series

    I have several Atlas silver series locos and they are great. How does the modern Athearn rtr locos compare?Thanks
  8. D

    Bach. Spectrum 8-40C noise question

    loco Thanks for the info. I called Bachmann thismorning and I am pretty much out of luck. I do not have the receipt for the loco so I was told that it would be a 20.00 fee to look at the loco plus parts plus shipping. I only paid 25.00 for the loco to start with so I am going to post on the...
  9. D

    Bach. Spectrum 8-40C noise question

    I purchased a new spectrum 8-40c about 2 months ago. It has been a great running and very low noise loco. Anyway I was gone for about a week and I came home the other night, started to use this loco and it makes a loud grinding noise in the front truck(under cab)all of a sudden. It was not moved...
  10. D

    Atlas silver/gold vs Kato (modern) HO who's better

    I love my Atlas locos but thinking about buying some Kato locos. Looking for some input.Thanks!
  11. D

    styrene foundation question

    I just finished an HO scale Pikestuff modern day small engine house. I am putting it on one of the side tracks in my yard. I want it to have the finished concrete look inside. I have scraped away the ground covering and the ballast from the track. I want to give the structer that NEW building...
  12. D

    Desert scenery tips needed

    s Yes I used the fine burnt turf and that looks good.It is the sandy,rocky dried out look I can't seem to create. I guess I am not looking for smooth but I want that dry,sandy(white/light tan) look under the burnt dry turf.
  13. D

    Desert scenery tips needed

    desert Yes, he does some great scenery. I have the basic concept on what to do I guess I would like it if I could get some step by step or how to's to do it. My layout as far as track, is level, it is the scenery that goes up and down. I have done a small area that has a southern desert look...
  14. D

    Desert scenery tips needed

    I have an area on my layout that I want to do in a southern CA look. There is a large desert type layout on ebay right now for sale. The scenery is great.I want to do some of the same type on my layout. I know to start off with a light sand color base coat of paint but any good scenery ideas or...
  15. D

    What do you think about MRC Command 2000 dcc

    Time has come for me to get into dcc. I will only run 2-3 trains(tops) at one time and I don't need any fancy system. I just need a very BASIC dcc system. I have been looking at the MRC Command 2000 system. I know it is an older system but so far I like what I have read about it. Any input? Thanks
  16. D

    I NEED backdrop help!!!

    I made the huge mistake of not puting any kind of back drop material around the walls where my layout now buts up to. It is a shelf layout and I am looking for any kind of material that is around 1 to 2 feet tops, in height, and that I can roll out or seam together with as little seams as...
  17. D

    What became of the old Museum/Science/Industry Chicago layout

    I know that they have built a sweet new HO scale layout but does anyone know where the old O scale layout items went. Rolling stock,structures, etc?
  18. D

    Another ditch light question

    I have several Atlas silver series diesel locos. As of right now I am using DC. What do I have to do to get the ditch lights to work? Shortly I will be using DCC but for now DC will have to do. I am not the best at wiring/electronics so the easier way the better. One more thing will they be a...
  19. D

    Bachmann Spectrum C44-9W question

    I have one already and I just won another one off the bay and the one I have and the one I have coming both have the front/nose handrails pushed in at a slant. I have not seen any others like this. Was this an early design or what because I have not seen any other C44-9W like this. They all have...
  20. D

    I have to say that I am hooked on Atlas locos

    Atlas Is that the only difference between the gold and silver line, sound and a decoder installed?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top