ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I have one already and I just won another one off the bay and the one I have and the one I have coming both have the front/nose handrails pushed in at a slant. I have not seen any others like this. Was this an early design or what because I have not seen any other C44-9W like this. They all have no slanted handrails in front. I have even went in and looked at other Bachmann Spectrum C44-9W's and they do not have slanted rails either. What gives?
C-40-8 not a C-44-9 they either didnt know or sold you something under another name just to sell it
The handrails on Bachmann engines are sometimes mounted or made incorrectly at the factory, giving them that slanted look. Pry them off and check the mounting holes to make sure they are clear of any plastic flash. Check the handrails to make sure they are not too short to fit in the holes right. I've had a few engines where I had to fill in one mounting hole and drill a new hole just a touch above the old hole. It's unnoticeable if you do it right and the handrails will then stand up straight. A little drop of CA in each hole will keep them that way.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)