What do you think about MRC Command 2000 dcc

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


dekker

Member
Time has come for me to get into dcc. I will only run 2-3 trains(tops) at one time and I don't need any fancy system. I just need a very BASIC dcc system. I have been looking at the MRC Command 2000 system. I know it is an older system but so far I like what I have read about it. Any input? Thanks
 
I thought it wasn't made anymore? Are you planning to buy used?

You might want to take a look at the NCE powercab, it is inexpensive and people tend to say it is one of the more user friendly systems.
 
I wouldn't recomend the MRC unit since it's out of production and there's really no support for it any longer if something breaks. My choice would be Digitrax Zephyr or NCE Powercab. If you're looking for the most basic system that will still run a couple of trains, the Bachmann E-Z Command is about as simple as you can get. You can't anything fancy, like change CV's or program long engine addresses, but it works fine if all you want to do is run DCC and not fiddle with settings. You can pick one up for around $50.
 


I have one of those.. pretty basic, accel, brake and top speed are all the cv's supported, plus loco ID [up to ten I think?]...
I don't use it much anymore, but it's pretty trouble free, easy to do what programming it supports, plus it will run one DC loco as well..a bit of a nice bonus...
They're not worth much anymore, but a cheap way to get started on a small budget..
I think it does lights and another function as well...
 
Yeah i have got one too. Not bad for what it is. going to pick up a NCE Power Cab, and would be willing to get rid of my Command 2000 for cheap.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top