ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Looks as though I'm going to have to try out Anyrail then! Thanks for the info!
Johnny B
-
I used what is called Tidewater Blue. Walmart interior flat paint. I've gone ahead and misted a white starting from the very top of my background scenery up to almost halfway. You really cant see this affect in my photo. I think once I get the whole background finished, I'll hit it again with...
-
I'd love to be able to use on of those programs to help me with designing my track plan. I downloaded CAD RAIL ( I think, I'm not home right now). I tried using it but it's all foreign to me. I cannot figure how to use it. I guess I'm out of luck because I'm not that computer savvy at all...
-
wow!! From what I watched in the first video, I'd say OUTSTANDING! Can't wait to get home tongiht and finish watching the rest!! Awesome layout
Johnny B
-
I try and do something every day on it. My main goal is to get the back drop and painting done. Then I can work on getting the track laid down against the whole back of the layout. Once thats done, I can start the process of the buiding of the mountains in the front thats going to be hiding the...
-
Arcrylic from Wal Mart. Several shades of green. I figured once I lined the foam backdrop with trees, everything should blend in nicely. I hope. :)
Does it look ok?
-
More painting
Well, I finished painting the 2nd wall with clouds. I still have to go back and highlight the bottom of them with Gray. I also dabbled a little tonight trying my hand at painting some mountains to kind of fill in behind my foam background.
-
I build plastic car and truck models as well. I use Purple Power from wall mart. A gallon costs roughly 6 bucks. Stuff works really really well and does not distort the palstic in any way. Just be a little carfull though because it's caustic. I don't use anything else.
-
cct70: Believe it or not, This was my very 1st attempt at clouds. I've only used this airbrush a couple of times years ago, just to weather a few engines and cars. I was afraid to attempt the clouds because of my lack of experience, but after I did the first wall, I was very surprised at my...
-
Hey! Thanks you guys! very much.
Josh: Yes it's the Walthers kit with some extra pieces added to make it a tad larger facility.
Jim: I am going to try that. I want to try and paint some mountains on the back drop to blend in with the mountains I have against the wall, then try and give the...
-
Now that I have some idea on how I want my layout to look, I've stripped the layout of the track and buildings and such to start working on painting my backdrop. I decide to break out the airbrush and practice with some clouds and stuff. I have one side of the wall done and am working on the...
-
My plan is too keep the train hidden on the backside of the layout so it doesnt look so bad running thorugh the same scenery too much. My plan is once the train goes through the scenery on the front side, once it goes into the tunnel on the South side of the layout, it wont be seen again till...
-
I've noticed I've lost the set of pictures showing the layout actually being put back up and fastened to the wall, so I'll jump ahead a little bit. The next set of pics show where I laid some track down and put some buildings up just to see what it would look like. I also cut some blue foam up...
-
Ok,
I've decided to go ahead and start posting pics of my layout. I'm by far no pro. I've learned alot by trial and error and by searching websites. This layout was originaly started about 15 years ago or so. Because of my job and money, I really never got it finished. I did have trains running...
-
Excellent!! Thanks for your help!!
-
Ok sounds good you guys!
Now I know the recommended mixture with Floquil was 25 % thinner and 75% paint. What would be the mix ratio with the arcylic paint and water be?? 50/50
Again: Thank you for your replies!!
-
I just started to paint my backdrop on my layout. I painted the wall a nice Blue. I made a trip to the hobby store yesterday to pick up some paint to start painting my clouds and mountains on the backdrop. Now it's been a while since I bought paint. I picked up some Floquil. I like the results...
-
Really nice pics!! thanks for sharing with us!!
Johnny B :cool:
-
WOW!! I'm jealous!! Good for you though, to be able to have something that nice. I too am just setting my 27 ft x 18 ft layout back up. The great thing about my basement is that the guy who lived there before me put up a drop ceiling. Nice job on yours!!
-
Thank you all for your replies. After taking another look at the layout last night, I determined that the 2 end pieces of the layout are very solid and would be a pain in the butt to break loose to put plywood up and underneath. I'm going to repair the loose stuff and continue forward with...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)