ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Just what I like to hear when I'm looking for some E-Z track. :D I'm using the E-Z track system because I don't have a permanent layout. I'm making temporary layouts for my grandson so we can run trains from time to time. The E-Z track system is perfect for making layouts on the basement floor...
-
Because I have five older loco's right now that are DC. I would have to get one or two decoders if I bought the Zephyr just to run a train. I will be able to run two loco's right out of the box if I buy this set. Plus I already have an oval track in E-Z. This set will give me an expansion plus a...
-
I don't know when his final closing date is. I called the owner yesterday to find out about a loco he had and it was still there. His comment to me a couple of weeks ago was "somebody might look at my store and think that a train store used to be here". I never visited the store before his...
-
Good morning everyone!!! :D
We made it through this last storm better off then the weatherman had predicted....as usual. :rolleyes: We didn't get the 6" of snow or the 1/2" of ice. Just another day of rain on my already soaked yard. This of course flooded my basement again. :mad: I bought...
-
I know he isn't old enough to understand the workings of the system yet but I want one he can grow into. Currently he likes to turn the train on and watch it run round and round. He then turns the lights out and watch their lights go round and round. I wanted to go with the Zephyr but then I...
-
Pencil art is truly a fine art if you are good at it...as your friend here is truly great at it.
-
I need to buy some 1/87th cars so I have something to compare to. I bought eight CAT tractors in 87th scale so that is all I have to compare to. The 1/64th cars compare to those but in reality the cars should be smaller.
-
Is there a guage or measurement for 1/87th vehicles? How can you tell if a vehicle, that is not marked 1/87th, is the right scale? I saw some today but didn't want to buy them in fear that they were too small or too large.
I tell you what....there are some really GREAT looking 1/64th scale...
-
Website ?
I see from time to time that modelers have their own web page to display their layouts. Where are you getting the web page from? Is it your ISP or a free spot on the Internet?
Thanks
-
Truly amazing. :eek: I love the way he took the scene outside to give it a realistic background. I saw this once with a guys train module. Really give a look of realism to the scene.
-
Clarification
How many times do you type something and it sounds good to you but nobody understands where you are coming from. That seems to happen here. :confused:
Somebody gave me a box of HO "stuff". It included track, buildings, Sante Fe engines, several rolling stock cars, sectional...
-
Good start. Nice layout and I like the buildings. I would suggest drilling holes behind thee controllers and dropping the wires down instead of running them around. It would look better and less likely to get caught.
-
Great Buy!!! I count 10 train boxes plus 10 trains around the layout. Add to that the nicee layout and you made a good deal.
As far as the conversion is concerned the other guys here can do a better job on giving you advice than me. The first thing you will need to do to convert to DCC is get...
-
Which type of switch is better for turn-outs? I have several of the Atlas types but they seem to have problems. I was going to replace them but I was wondering which was the best type of switch to use. I can see where the toggle is better but doesn't it energize the switch all the time. Compared...
-
Track plan and some wider angle shots. :D
-
I ran two trains on it yesterday inside XTrakCad. I ran one train clockwise as the through train and then I had two switchers. One running the yard and one running the local freight. They had to help each other when the one came into the yard from the right pushing cars but that added to the...
-
Here is the post I started on the "Paragon & Newshore" about the 4x8 layout I'm going to get started for the little guy. I also have another 4 year old grandson that is 9 weeks younger who is way into trains thanks to my son-in-law.
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16483
-
Okay, it is time to get your advise. I've read books, viewed layouts on-line, and I have several old and new Atlas layout books. I want a line with a yard with two passing tracks to keep the main open. I also want a few spurs scattered around for local freight. I finally landed on the Yard...
-
Thanks Doug for the suggestions. I agree with the "starting point" comment. I looked and looked and looked through several Atlas books, on-line plans, here, and on the XTrakCad forum and couldn't find one that was just right. They were all missing what I wanted. This one isn't perfect but it...
-
You also want to keep it away from kids. I installed a fire system in a car battery plant and the safety briefing we had before we started stated that lead effects kids growth. It also gets into their system and stays where adults pass it. You could use gloves when you handle it if you are that...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)