ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
For me....a layout to run the Great Northern trains I have collected on......nothing much.
-
Could it be that I can "see" more of the right side of the picture? I can "see" past the stump at the center of the right edge. The left edge is the same but the bottom picture is wider on the right. Just guessing here......
-
I have been collecting HO track, engines and cars for a few years now. I have yet to lay the first piece of track in a permanent layout. I have taken my EZ track and made a few ovals in the basement for my grandson to see. My son-in-law was here over Christmas and he bugged me again to clear out...
-
I really like your layout. I printed out your pictures and tried to figure out your track plan. I have a bunch of E-Z track that I use to build temp layouts with my grandsons until I can get a cleared out space in the basement for a table. By any chance do you have a plan I can take a peak at?
-
Slow build....that is great for your first pictures. Looks really great! Please keep us posed with pictures...lots of pictures.
-
Not to hijack the thread all the way back to page 33 but when I saw this photo the first thing that came to my mind was the detail. You have an attention to detail that makes me envious....very envious. This is something I don't have. The point I noticed on this picture was the wooden fence you...
-
Didn't want to be greedy and take up the whole basement. That and 75%....maybe more is storage. The cost of building a layout of that size is also a factor. I also haven't given it much thought. I guess I wanted to start off small and build up.
Thanks for the thought provoking thought.
-
Okay...first...how would you suggest this idea of a plan transform to a round the wall? Are you suggesting two levels? In which case I will need about 34' to drop 12" for a 3% descent/accent to have a minimum of 12" between decks.
Would you use a helix on both ends or large 36" bubbles on...
-
Thanks SRN. I thought about that but didn't know if the track would be as interesting to watch as this one. I thought about doing a double layer so I could get more in. I will have to look into that idea.
Choops, thanks for the track change. I like that idea. I didn't like that tight curve...
-
131 viewers and only one post. Does that mean the layout passes your inspection or is it that bad. Some comments would be nice......
-
You need encouragement at every turn...
-
;) famous last words....:rolleyes:
-
Posting for two reasons. First I want to bring this back to the top and see what the latest is. Second I want to put my name on the list so I can get the newest posts. Thanks for sharing your...blog.
-
I have been away from the forum a while but I followed your thread back then. Just spent the last hour catching up....really nice. Can't wait to see how everything turns out. I like the idea of a computer controlled layout. I am a computer geek so the programming and wiring are not a problem...
-
WOW!!! :eek: That is a wonderful wiring job. I install low voltage wiring for a living and have seen many a nightmare closet to appreciate a thing of beauty. Would love to see the top side of the lay-out.
Thanks for sharing.
-
Wow!!!
Eric...I have been away from the forums awhile and was following your layout progress last year with amazement. I stumbled upon the thread tonight and what can I say...WOW:eek:...the changes the layout has gone through at your hands. I am curious to see how it is today. Any chance of...
-
This is an awsome layout. I thought real hard at building this track plan but went with something else. The only thing I didn't like about this plan was having to back in or drive all the way around the track to get into the yard. Otherwise it looked like it would be fun. I plan on keeping up...
-
Do you have switches tied to the lift out so the power is dropped to the tracks leading into the bridge? Hate to see a train do a Toy Story 3 fall over the edge. Looks great. I would like to see some close-up shots of the edges and joints. Thanks for sharing.
-
Thanks...forgot to post that I have an entire basement to put this layout into. I will leave a passage around the back of the mountain for access.
-
Working on my son-in-laws set-up a few weeks ago got my fire rekindled for working on my own layout. I had a couple of designs rolling around in my head and decided on the one I liked the most for what I want. That is....
1. I want two trains rolling around in opposite directions to give...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)