ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
R
The Railflyelmodel.com domain finally expired so logging into my email account brought me here.
Wow, a lot of misinformation.
Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc. did not go bankrupt. It is insolvent. Under corporate law, to file bankruptcy is around $10,000 which if there was $10,000 the...
-
R
Guys,
I have been flat out setting up parts this month.
All 25 versions of hoods are completely programmed and will start running today. I lost a week due to a chiller leak and tool setter malfunction on top of the wait for materials. There is enough plastic to do 25 sheets, 9 kits per...
-
R
I did a OEM last fall where we did a black anodized finish. It was micrometers thick and flat, looked great. So they might be done this way - paint no. Most guys would paint them anyway so in most cases is not needed.
-
R
Guys,
The rear of the DP 6244 Weed Cutter Plow's will be done tonight, this image was taken about two hours ago.
This image was from a test I did before the CNC went dead this fall.
This is a test I did this past fall with the DP 6240 CN Snow Plow's.
So once the Weed Cutter front...
-
R
Guys,
Here are some updates:
DP 6244 Weed Cutter Snow Plow - this has been running all week, right now the rear will be done tonight, as of this morning the CNC passed 1.29 million lines of code out of 1.56 million required to do the rear final pass. I was in a catch 22 here, the faster tool...
-
R
In 2 - 3 weeks you should be able to see most of our new loco and detail product revisions, I am moving everything over to a machined, injection moulded plastic, and machined, laser cut format with everything made on-site so I don't have the headaches the past few years of using China for...
-
R
I only did two to save time setting up. I am picking up plastic today for the production of all versions. I have been waiting for a replacement 0.5mm flat to arrive so I can start the top sides. The set up of the new fuel tanks and hoods was hard on the cutters.
I have had the DP 6244 Weed...
-
R
Will do on the applicability request.
3 GP sheets are done on the back. 2 SD are done too. As orders come in, the tops will be done to match demand.
CJH
-
R
Guys,
I set up our fuel tanks this weekend. The new format is a machined metal tank with plastic end plates.
This is the 4000 US GAL version as applicable to the SD40-2w.
With no hard tooling limitless versions are possible.
Thanks,
Christopher Howard, Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc...
-
R
I was done, then discovered when I moved some of the layers, not all where selected.
This is the EMD GP38-2 mid version. With this file completed, I can hit the remaining versions and carry into the early GP38-2 and initial phases of GP39-2.
After I get a few more versions done, I am...
-
R
these are the CPR bolts as seen on the GP38-2 and SD40-2. they are used in place of the flag holder and lift ring at the end of the hood beneath the radiator screen. the OD on the washer is 0.034", the hex bolt is 0.023".
none of the of the major model releases used for "prototype"...
-
R
SD40-2's, SD38-2's are all programmed, 3/4 the way through the GP38-2, they will be done today.
-
R
Guys,
The set up for the hood sides is done. Production will start Tuesday.
Here is a pre-production sample. Some minor modifications to improve quality will be done, however the machined sides lead to a very easy assembly. The surface detail easily beats anything done in China.
This...
-
R
CAM files for the SD40-2 variations are over half finished.
-
R
It would be something like this, only the doors, screens and such would be added to the sides.
All RTR models are highly innacurate in HO scale, its likely just as bad in N Scale so its a means to get better models for those who really want accuracy.
Christopher Howard, Railflyer Model...
-
R
Thank you for the vote of confidence, these kits are going to build some very nice models.
-
R
Guys,
If you are following my hood sides release in HO scale, is there any interest in an N scale product?
I will add more detail due to lack of add on components such doors, ect?
Let me know, I can have something ready to ship in a few weeks time.
Christopher Howard, Railflyer Model...
-
R
New test images
I ran a new test with 6mm and 1.5mm cutters after doing the drilling on the hood side. I got the speeds and feeds nailed. The quality is much better. The additional surface detail and radius reduction on corners will be handled with smaller cutters.
I also tested the...
-
R
http://www.railflyermodel.com/collections/acrylic-resin-paint
This a an alternative, it is non-toxic, 100% concentrated, handles more like a lacquer in regards to spray and finish than traditional acrylic paints but has the ease of water clean up.
The resin binding agent also enables some...
-
R
the 3MM was little pain in the rear last night, its fine before on the exact same speeds and feeds then it just started welding the styrene until it formed a blob over the cutter after already cutting other samples perfectly.
that's some of the grain you can see in the pockets where the doors...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)