railflyermodel
Member
Guys,
I have been flat out setting up parts this month.
All 25 versions of hoods are completely programmed and will start running today. I lost a week due to a chiller leak and tool setter malfunction on top of the wait for materials. There is enough plastic to do 25 sheets, 9 kits per sheet.
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/66_zpsa9e9f258.jpg
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/69_zpsff651538.jpg
I have set up frames and fuels tanks for the new kits. I have run the tops of the GP 34' bolster, GP40-2L, and SD 43' 6" frames. The cool thing is the they went from CAD to in my hand samples within a few hours. No waiting months for China to get it right.
I also got 2600, 2800, 3600, 4000 USG fuel tank versions run on the top to match the Wide Cab units.
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/image_zps4eb56f62.jpg
The new deck/frame design has the metal bottom with raceways for the 46 LED lighting system. I combines a plastic top with tread and under frame detail, anti-climbers and step wells into one part. Best of all there is no hard tooling so I can get everything from the GP 9 up to SD60 done faster than tooling. I will be setting up the rear hood, dynamic brakes and decks while running the hoods this week.
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/image_zps92e6f6a1.jpg
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/image_zpsbda892e9.jpg
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/image_zps1024a47f.jpg
I also started running some snow plow's but they got paused with the equipment issues.
I am also setting up new 3D parts to replace our pilots and step wells this week.
I got the stanchion file set up before leaving the shop tonight. They are going to be wicked. These are scale and metal, combined with the CNC handrails I ran two years ago for the wide cabs they will be killer. The handrails were set up modular so I can do new EMD/GMDD versions quickly.
This image is from my crappy Black Berry. I can assure you they look great even only half done the roughing. I will run production once I get done the set up.
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/image_zpsdf408a6c.jpg
The new drive decoders are done. Hence why I want samples ASAP of the new kit format. I also have a full DCC system done, a command station that supports DC, DCC, and Wireless. Samples are on the way. I still have to design a casing and machine it. Evan is also working on a traction motor casing revision so we can build them faster.
Kit orders will be reset once the new parts are all ready. Injection moulding will restart once business picks up enough to buy materials. I am going to replace as much as possible that is practical from our previous products with 3D machined parts. This will improve quality and reduce assembly time. Having the production on-site also helps.
Stuff is coming together, it would be faster if sales returned to normal as I am doing the work of four right now. I have some help coming, and Luigi is almost ready to go on the CNC which free's me up. I am doing the best with a situation and people who have done their best to screw me the past year. The production quality I am getting doing it myself is way better than anything I ever got out of China so hang in there, support me and you'll see some very cool things in a few weeks time that will completely change the way you model and operate your locomotives.
All the best,
Christopher Howard, Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc.
www.railflyermodel.com
I have been flat out setting up parts this month.
All 25 versions of hoods are completely programmed and will start running today. I lost a week due to a chiller leak and tool setter malfunction on top of the wait for materials. There is enough plastic to do 25 sheets, 9 kits per sheet.
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/66_zpsa9e9f258.jpg
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/69_zpsff651538.jpg
I have set up frames and fuels tanks for the new kits. I have run the tops of the GP 34' bolster, GP40-2L, and SD 43' 6" frames. The cool thing is the they went from CAD to in my hand samples within a few hours. No waiting months for China to get it right.
I also got 2600, 2800, 3600, 4000 USG fuel tank versions run on the top to match the Wide Cab units.
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/image_zps4eb56f62.jpg
The new deck/frame design has the metal bottom with raceways for the 46 LED lighting system. I combines a plastic top with tread and under frame detail, anti-climbers and step wells into one part. Best of all there is no hard tooling so I can get everything from the GP 9 up to SD60 done faster than tooling. I will be setting up the rear hood, dynamic brakes and decks while running the hoods this week.
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/image_zps92e6f6a1.jpg
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/image_zpsbda892e9.jpg
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/image_zps1024a47f.jpg
I also started running some snow plow's but they got paused with the equipment issues.
I am also setting up new 3D parts to replace our pilots and step wells this week.
I got the stanchion file set up before leaving the shop tonight. They are going to be wicked. These are scale and metal, combined with the CNC handrails I ran two years ago for the wide cabs they will be killer. The handrails were set up modular so I can do new EMD/GMDD versions quickly.
This image is from my crappy Black Berry. I can assure you they look great even only half done the roughing. I will run production once I get done the set up.
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/image_zpsdf408a6c.jpg
The new drive decoders are done. Hence why I want samples ASAP of the new kit format. I also have a full DCC system done, a command station that supports DC, DCC, and Wireless. Samples are on the way. I still have to design a casing and machine it. Evan is also working on a traction motor casing revision so we can build them faster.
Kit orders will be reset once the new parts are all ready. Injection moulding will restart once business picks up enough to buy materials. I am going to replace as much as possible that is practical from our previous products with 3D machined parts. This will improve quality and reduce assembly time. Having the production on-site also helps.
Stuff is coming together, it would be faster if sales returned to normal as I am doing the work of four right now. I have some help coming, and Luigi is almost ready to go on the CNC which free's me up. I am doing the best with a situation and people who have done their best to screw me the past year. The production quality I am getting doing it myself is way better than anything I ever got out of China so hang in there, support me and you'll see some very cool things in a few weeks time that will completely change the way you model and operate your locomotives.
All the best,
Christopher Howard, Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc.
www.railflyermodel.com
