Recent content by willzrailz

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. W

    Trouble with Bonding Foam to Plywood

    Try using The BULLDOG adheasive brand. I have used it to bold the same styrofoam to a sheet of playwood and it works like peanut butter in a blanket! Not sure if that liquid nails stuff really adds up to its name. The only thing is when you use the "BULLDOG" stuff, make sure you spread it...
  2. W

    new addressing..

    Hello, I recently installed a LOKSOUND V.6 Decoder into one of my HO diesels. Prior to purchasing the decoder however, The sales person had installed the proper type of loco sounds, etc. into the decoder. The decoder is set to mfg. default 03. I wish to set it to the proper loco address (04)...
  3. W

    proper polarity...

    I just recently purchased a 28mm round speaker and when I got it home ready for installation, I noticed that there is no obvious marking(s) on or around the speaker terminals that suggest which is the Positive "+" post. Usually there is a red dot near by but this perticular speaker has absolutly...
  4. W

    Wpf 12/7 - 12/13

    I noticed that you use masking tape to hold things in place inside the loco... Have you ever tried Kapton tape? It's expensive, I know but worth its weight in... welll...gold!
  5. W

    dcc 4 Atlas..

    Hi All, Just wondering if someone has recently installed a new release LOKSOUND Decoder (V4.0 or Aux 6) into an ATLAS Master Silver Series HO - Dash8-39B - 8 pin NMRA Locomotive. What size/shape of speaker did you use and what kind of work went into installing the decoder? Thanks to all who...
  6. W

    loksound for Atlas..

    Hello Model Railroaders, I am currently trying to decide on what LOKSOUND Decoder to install in my ATLAS Master Silver Series - Dash 8-39B HO scale Locomotive. The two I have any intersted in is the new and improved; LOKSOUND DIRECT V 4.0 OR... LOKSOUND AUX 6 decoder for my locomotive. I...
  7. W

    Atlas S.Series..

    Yes! exactly!
  8. W

    Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

    Super glue gel squeeze bottle... Hello, (please refer this article in its proper column) I would like to put my two cents in on this product. First of all. I have been using it for EVERYTHING that falls apart or has to be mended. I swear by the stuff.. Compaired to its "sister" formula that is...
  9. W

    Atlas S.Series..

    Oh! sorry! I didn't catch that part of your recent reply but I did now! Thanks Much! Will
  10. W

    Atlas S.Series..

    speaker size.. Hey, Thank you for taking the time measuring this for me. How difficult is it to remove the shell in order to get to the instruments inside the locomotive? Thanks again! Will
  11. W

    Atlas S.Series..

    Perhaps if you had the same locomotive as I have then you would see where the speaker/weight plugs are located! Cheers! :rolleyes:
  12. W

    Atlas S.Series..

    Perhaps if you had the same locomotive as I have then you would see where the speaker/weight plugs are located! Cheers! :rolleyes:
  13. W

    QSI to Soundtraxx swap

    Hmm.. interesting! I didn't realize that Tony's is owned by QSI
  14. W

    Atlas S.Series..

    hmm... no sound from factory, Understandable, for sure BUT, once an sound decoder has been installed, I believe that the next thing would be to install speakers.. Don't mean to correct ppl's replies or opinions, That is not what I am here for...I believe that there is actually a place to install...
  15. W

    Atlas S.Series..

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone could tell me what size of speaker is used in the ATLAS HO Silver series Dash 8 -39B locomotives? I know they are rounds and possibly 2 ea. can be used. Also, is it requred to replace the lamps with LED's? Thanks to all who reply. Will




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top