proper polarity...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


willzrailz

New Member
I just recently purchased a 28mm round speaker and when I got it home ready for installation, I noticed that there is no obvious marking(s) on or around the speaker terminals that suggest which is the Positive "+" post. Usually there is a red dot near by but this perticular speaker has absolutly no, zilch, Nothing for a indication mark.
The speaker is a LOKSOUD 28mm speaker.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Will
 
If you only have one speaker, then the polarity does not matter. If you have more than one speaker, then polarity still really doesn't matter as long as the speakers are wired the same; otherwise they will be out of phase and try to canel each other out.
 
I just recently purchased a 28mm round speaker and when I got it home ready for installation, I noticed that there is no obvious marking(s) on or around the speaker terminals that suggest which is the Positive "+" post. Usually there is a red dot near by but this perticular speaker has absolutly no, zilch, Nothing for a indication mark.
The speaker is a LOKSOUD 28mm speaker.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Will
If you really want to know get a 1.5V battery with a couple wires off it. Touch the wires to the speaker terminals and note the direction the cone moves. When the cone moves out the polarity is "correct". Note which side the "+" is and mark it.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top