ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
S
Hi there,
I'm looking for some additional locos and ran across this listing near me...
http://allentown.craigslist.org/tag/4903241797.html
Does anyone know if this is a good deal for these? I looked on Ebay and it seems the prices there are comparable.
As you may know from my other posts...
-
S
Do you have pics on where you clamp the wires on the exposed motor or doesn't it matter (polarity issue)?
-
S
OK, I ripped it apart and, when separated, the wheels and motor seem to move freely. I'm guessing at this point that the motor has gone bad. How can I go about testing that without overpowering/burning out the motor?
-
S
Yes, that loco looks similar. Mine is a Sante Fe 99 and I'll post a pic soon.
Quick additional question after scanning that link... Should I be able to turn the wheels on the loco freely or should they only turn with power on the track? If they are supposed to move freely, mine are locked...
-
S
Hi all,
I have an old Tyco Santa Fe 0-4-0 Shifter Steam Loco and Tender that was part of
an old Brown Box Shifter Freight set from the mid 70's (I think).
The problem is, it just doesn't run well. The light does shine somewhat and
it seems like its trying, but just can't get going. I'm...
-
S
Hi all,
I'm building a new platform this year and I'm going to use the Woodland Scenice ReadyGrass Vinyl Mat and adhesive. It says to prep pourous surfaces with acrylic paint before applying the adhesive. I was just wondering if this would be necessary, the cons of not prepping my plywood...
-
S
Hi all,
I'm not a hardcore model railroader, just the holiday kind and I have a quick question...
I just bought an EZ Track Expander Kit (Bachmann) and it indicated on the box that the product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, etc. I'm just...
-
S
Hi there,
I'm just getting back into the hobby again, but don't have a ton of money to spend. I want to get some sharp looking freight cars/cabooses/etc and I'm looking for a cheap place (that doesn't kill you on shipping) to purchase said items from.
Any good suppliers out there that won't...
-
S
Hi all,
I'm going to have a layout that will be approximately 4'x6' or 4'x8'. Looking at the packaging of the ReadyGrass Landscape Kit (RG5152) it indicates it will enhance a 4x8' area. Does this mean there is enough material included to cover a bare wood platform or should the platform be...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)