Recent content by stickboy

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    Can I use these in an airbrush

    Go for it, it's great stuff. I use nothing else, but screen wash is good in an emergency, and is much cheaper to use for flushing out your brush afterwards... Phil
  2. S

    Can I use these in an airbrush

    Yes, windscreen fluid. I guess the blue tint will have a slight effect, but really it would only be noticeable if you were using a really thin wash. Like Espeefan says, these paints are probably not ideal, but since you have already bought them you might as well have a go. If you want a...
  3. S

    Can I use these in an airbrush

    I see no reason why not, although I have never used them I doubt that they will be a much different formulation from most other craft acrylics. The best thing to try as thinners would be automotive screen wash. Test it by putting a very small amount of paint on a white non-absorbent surface...
  4. S

    LLafretaw, my old layout. HOn30

    Hi all! I have been a member here for a while, but not posted much. Circumstances mean I can't have a large layout at the moment, but I hope to make a small layout or two soon. My main interest is making scenery, so I thought I'd show off some pictures of my previous layout, a freelance...
  5. S

    This will be easy.

    Another couple of tips, No1 is warm the masking up a little as you apply it, so it conforms better to any unevenness in the surface, No 2 is after you have masked off, give the job another coat of the background colour (in this case yellow) to seal the mask edge, so that if there is any bleed...
  6. S

    What youtube channels can I learn the most from?

    Another vote for Evert, he talked me through my first hand made switch, thanks Evert! Phil




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top