Recent content by sealion

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    Bachamnn TGV truck gears replacement?

    Thanks a lot guys! I will try looking for some similar part that can make this set a runner again. Appreciate all the comments. Regards, JL
  2. S

    Bachamnn TGV truck gears replacement?

    Thanks for the answers, seems the ones I find at ebay are being sold as "non working" due to the same problem with the gears :( The Acela looks similar (even if I couldn´t compare they closely) but Bachmann is out of stock for those too :( Seems that loco will end up as a dummy...
  3. S

    Bachamnn TGV truck gears replacement?

    Hi, A friend has a bachmann TGV set an the locomotive has cracked gears, I see the bachmann site doesn't offer those parts, is there anybody aware of any other gears (likely of some other bachmann product) that I can use to fix that one? Thanks Regards
  4. S

    Foldable Layout

    Hi, After long time I finished the foldable frame, I just placed some track and realized is not easy to find a place other than the floor to put it when fully extended. Anyway I like the concept and it can work, there are three parts one of 1,3 x 0,9 mts and 2 other of 0,65 x 0,9 mts. they...
  5. S

    Foldable Layout

    Yeah, maybe you are right about too many complications... I can make it smaller and save a LOT of problems. About the folding, the idea is to put the hinges over wood risers, in that way, when closing, the two lateral parts will end sepated by a distances that is twice the height of the...
  6. S

    Foldable Layout

    Hi, After a lot of thinking about the best way to impmenet a layout that would be easy to store, maybe ander a bed, I arrive to the conclusion that the best option was a foldable one (once you fold it, not only it saves space, but also remains protected). My firts idea was a "book" like fold...
  7. S

    High Speed Metal Products

    Sadly I believe they are the same cars..... :( Just magine I even paid the shipping to Argentina.... well, the first really bad deal I make buying on ebay. :mad: Thanks for the info ! JL
  8. S

    High Speed Metal Products

    Here are the links: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-High-Speed-N-scale-model-train-LOG-CAR_W0QQitemZ180296969750QQihZ008QQcategoryZ486QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting...
  9. S

    High Speed Metal Products

    Hi, I just bought some High Speed brand rolling stocks at ebay, but after looking for some info in the internet seems they are just for a static display. Is this true? They have Rapido couplers and are N scale. But I read that are die cast. Any idea if I can roll them? I will receive...
  10. S

    Nickel-silver or fake?

    Thanks for your answers! I will try to cleaning them to see if there is oxide. BTW, Im from Argentina, thats why getting N scale stuff is not that easy. There are several shops here in Buenos Aires, but they maybe have 100 locos in H0 and not even 10 in N. Well, I will post any news...
  11. S

    Nickel-silver or fake?

    Hi, I want to start a N layout, I bought some locomotives on ebay, but the flexible tracks are to big and I needed to buy them locally, the problem is that the N scale has very little market here, and hardly can you get what you need. I found a seller and bought some nickel-silver tracks...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top