ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hi,
I just bought some High Speed brand rolling stocks at ebay, but after looking for some info in the internet seems they are just for a static display. Is this true?
They have Rapido couplers and are N scale. But I read that are die cast.
Any idea if I can roll them? I will receive the package in a week or so, but I can wait to know if I have trown my money!
Thanks!
JL
Can you give us a link to these cars at e-bay? I have never heard of this brand and have no idea if they are for display or operation. Since they have Rapido couplers, I would think they are operable, The fact they are diecast doesn't mean they aren't operable cars. Mantua makes a whole line of dicast locomotives and freight cars in HO scale.
Yes. They are display. They did make powered ones, though they're battery powered. I had some, they're buried in a box somewhere now. They might work find with N scale, I had no n-scale to test them with. They do roll, and they are die cast.
They look a lot like a set my sister has that I think she got from Reader's Digest as some sort of subscription premium. If they are the same (I don't think the Reader's Digest cars are die cast), they won't work very well unless you replace the extremely poor quality trucks and couplers. The bodies are halfway decent, although the log car is rather strange.
Sadly I believe they are the same cars.....
Just magine I even paid the shipping to Argentina.... well, the first really bad deal I make buying on ebay.
Thanks for the info !
JL
Hi JL,
I'm not sure but if you check with the seller and explain that you misunderstood the information about the train/cars you might be able to refuse the shipment and it might be
sent back to the seller if he will refund your money or at least for the train/car sans the shipping. You might give it a try.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)