Recent content by rustoleum

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. rustoleum

    Thinking about getting serious W/ model RR

    Atlas makes Pan Am and Gilford rail locos in N scale.
  2. rustoleum

    New to Model Trains. Looking for advice.

    Hi everyone. I finaly got around to putting the table together for my son. Had a freind put the video up on youtube for me. Thought Id show anyone interested were I have gotten to after week one of putting this layout together, and show just how the throttle control works. I got a few tiny...
  3. rustoleum

    Thinking about getting serious W/ model RR

    Problem resolved. Thanks
  4. rustoleum

    Thinking about getting serious W/ model RR

    It cant be the wires. Theres only 2 right now. Just + and -.
  5. rustoleum

    Ebay fun

    I assumed that the holidays could be a factor. I like to give a seller as much as 30 days before going to paypal. I only once had show up after I filed a claim with paypal. I wrote the seller and paid them. But with all that said. The item did show up 6 weeks after I won it and a buyer only has...
  6. rustoleum

    Thinking about getting serious W/ model RR

    I will make a video today to show you how fast the engines I have are going. I seem to be lossing alot of power on one area of the track. At one turn. I swapped out the the section of track and if still happens. So I thought Id ask. Thought maybe if I could make them run just a little faster...
  7. rustoleum

    Thinking about getting serious W/ model RR

    I to am new to this wonderful hobby. Im building a HO scale layout for my son in his bedroom. Its only 41 inchs by about 7 feet long. But it will do. I think this question I have will fit well on this thread. Do some powers supplys / throttles provide more speed then others? The One I have...
  8. rustoleum

    Ebay fun

    Speaking of fleabay! I won / bought some BN boxcars on ebay 10 days ago. I paid for priority shipping. I should have gotten them about 3 days after I won them. Which would have been X-mas day. No worrys they were not gifts. But I havent gotten them yet. I would have thought I would of had...
  9. rustoleum

    CA Glue

    cyano-acrylate..Yes its super glue.
  10. rustoleum

    New to Model Trains. Looking for advice.

    That tubbing is a really good idea. I have some around too. Which makes it even better. :) Very good idea indeed.
  11. rustoleum

    New to Model Trains. Looking for advice.

    I was thinking about putting some sorta universal coupling / ball joint in place. But wasnt able to find one small enough around me. So for the time being the entire motor houseing and mount rod, ( both parts with srtipes ). Acts as an abjustable swing arm in a sence. Oh, Yeah the table...
  12. rustoleum

    New to Model Trains. Looking for advice.

    Hey guys, I thought sence I finally got this controller done for my son, id show you guys what I was talking about. Its not 100% done. I Still have a few little things to work out. But it runs like I wanted. "Spining slowly both left and right." Seeing as its not 100% done. I thought Id ask...
  13. rustoleum

    First attempt at weathering a box car.

    I do agree with ya Jim about the inner wheels looking shiny. I am going to dull them a little.
  14. rustoleum

    First attempt at weathering a box car.

    The flash on her camra. I know that there has to be a setting on it to turn the darn flash off. But I can't find it. lol For the weathering on both the CSX and this WP. (Seeing as I was useing the factory base collors.) I did the following. First for the CSX I used a litttle gumout /...
  15. rustoleum

    First attempt at weathering a box car.

    Hey guys. I gave this box car back to its owner before I got a bettter picture of it out side. I got so wrapped up in the holidays, that I just forgot. But here's the best inside picture I had of it. You can see in this pic, no shine. But it wasnt 100% done in this picture. Anyhow, I...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top