Recent content by PITFan48

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Return to Railroading Layout

    So last weekend me and my dad began construction on my first layout since I was 12. I'm 20 now so most of my railroading stuff has been sitting in a box in a back room of my basement for the better part of the last decade. In those years alot has changed in the world of railroading...
  2. P

    Aurora & Poretland Roster

    Wow thats alot of units. How bigs the layout you run them on?
  3. P

    How old are YOU?

    Currently 20, was an avid model railroader in my younger years (approximately 3 - 12). When my grandpa died my passion died out for a while, but recently I have rekindled an interest in it.
  4. P

    Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Locos

    I have just recently gotten back into model railroading after a long layoff, and have decided to build a layout of moderate size (Approximately an 4' x 8' with an adjoining 4' x 4' area). After looking at various railroads from the area I am from (Youngstown, OH) I have decided to go with the...
  5. P

    Types of DCC

    Have you heard of any problems with the Bachmann DCC though? As of right now I'm really not looking into running a huge operations with all the bells and whistles, just something that allows me to run 3 - 4 trains at the same time without having to wire the layout. As of right now with all...
  6. P

    Types of DCC

    I looked around and the cheapest one seems to be digitrax at $200. I looked around and saw a similar product by Bachmann for $133. Would this be a worthy investment, or is Bachmann a lower quality of DCC?
  7. P

    Types of DCC

    When I was younger, I used to be a huge model train fanatic. That interest has waned to almost absolutely nothing in recent years, until recently. I have decided to clean out an area of my basement for an HO scale 4' by 8' layout with a 4' x 4' piece of plywood attached making the layout an L...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top