Recent content by pcaldwell

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Loco Stalls After Stop

    Thanks everyone, I have made little progress. I ran the loco with the shell off so when it stalled after a stop I could use my meter to very very gently check continuity betweem the track, the wheels, the wipers and the frame. It appears that one side goes open at the wipers upon restart after a...
  2. P

    Loco Stalls After Stop

    Hi, Four of my older locos (2 Atlas RS11s and 2 Intermountain F7s) are starting to exhibit the same problem: after a stop, they often stall as soon a voltage is repplied for a re-start by the decoder. I have cleaned everything I can, track, wheels, cups, wipers, and decoder to frame contacts to...
  3. P

    Great Planning Tutorial

    Over the years I have used this forum along with a few others to send an occasional “heads-up” to the model railroad community regarding new content on my website, http://www.altamontandblueridge.com . Thanks to all of you who have used my tutorials and to those of you who currently follow my...
  4. P

    Check out what is new on the Altamont and Blue Ridge Railway

    Over the years I have used this forum along with a few others to send an occasional “heads-up” to the model railroad community regarding new content on my website, http://www.altamontandblueridge.com Thanks to all of you who have used my tutorials and to those of you who currently follow my new...
  5. P

    Digitrax PM42 wire length to BDL168?

    Hi all, In the Digitrax BDL168 Manual they suggest that a BDL168 should be placed no more than 12 feet from the PM42 that feeds track power to it (using 12 AGW wire). Does any one have any experience with a longer wire run between these two devices? I suspect in N scale one could get away with...
  6. P

    Phillips Hue Room Lighting

    My current Digitrax/TrainController controlled N scale Altamont and Blue Ridge Railway (A&BR1) occupies a 21 x 12 train room. Currently I am planning a new, larger layout, the A&BR2, and my "Starting Over" blog details my thinking and planning. For anyone who might be interested, here are...
  7. P

    Starting Over

    Hi, I am happy to report that traffic on my Altamont and Blue Ridge web site has been much more brisk since I added the two tutorials: "Marrying the Backdrop to the Layout" and "Shaping the Landscape." I recommend these to beginners and old pros alike. It seems that everyone who builds scenery...
  8. P

    The Altamont and Blue Ridge Railway

    Hello Everyone, Check out the updates to my Altamont and Blue Ridge Railway website at www.altamontandblueridge.com Additions include a video, more slide shows, “click to enlarge” photo links, DCC discussions and specifications, train room design, expanded tutorials, and photos of the...
  9. P

    Two New Scenery Tutorials

    Check out the tutorials at www.altamontandblueridge.com Enjoy, Pete
  10. P

    The Altamont and Blue Ridge Railway

    Check out the A&BR at www.altamontandblueridge.com Enjoy, Pete
  11. P

    The Altamontand Blue Ridge Railway

    Check out the A&BR at www.altamontandblueridge.com Enjoy, Pete
  12. P

    The Altamontand Blue RIdge Railway

    Check of the A&BR at www.altamontandblueridge.com Enjoy, Pete




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top