Digitrax PM42 wire length to BDL168?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


pcaldwell

New Member
Hi all,

In the Digitrax BDL168 Manual they suggest that a BDL168 should be placed no more than 12 feet from the PM42 that feeds track power to it (using 12 AGW wire). Does any one have any experience with a longer wire run between these two devices? I suspect in N scale one could get away with a much longer run. For my new layout I have one BDL168 that I would like to place 26 feet from the associated PM42. Will this work? Should I use 10 AGW from the PM42 to the BDL168?

Pete
 
I think there might be some problem with the PM42 accurately reading shorts on your track when you go beyond the 12 feet. You could wire it up as you want and find out. I don't think it will catch fire and melt your layout.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top