ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
M
I would like to know your opinions on KATO track and switches? I am starting a new layout and I have only ever used Atlas and Peco, so I only have experience with these 2 brands. Have or are any of you using KATO track and switches. I know that I will receive many opinions, but that is...
-
M
I currently run my pike in DC and I am looking to buy some diesel locomotives to eventually run on a DCC pike, but I have a few questions that I could use some help with the answers.
If I buy a locomotive from Athearn, Atlas, Bachman etc without a decoder installed and I want to purchase a...
-
M
I could use some help in better understanding the DCC environment and what functions and sounds can be reproduced. Can I get the following functions by using DCC; actual locomotive sounds (bells, horns, engine sounds, air brake sounds, crossing signals, street lights, building lighting? What...
-
M
I am relatively new to HO scale, but have been an O scale train guy for many years. My question is I have an older HO layout that was given to me by a friend and it is a DC powered layout. I assume that I cannot run any DCC equipped locomotives on a DC layout? My next question is, how...
-
M
I am looking to buy a new DCC system and I am looking at Digitrax and NCE. My layout is a 6'x10' layout running a maximum of 3 to 4 trains at a time. Which system would you recommend and does Anyone have pros and cons about each system? Thanks for your help.
-
M
Hi Grant,
Nice looking layout. Do you have any details such as a list of track for this layout. My brother in-law is looking to build something similiar to this design.
Thanks,
Michael
-
M
I am Building a new HO layout and would like to have some advice on choosing a specific manufacturer of switches. I am going to use Atlas Code 83 track, but I am undecided on what switch company I should use in my layout.
I open to all advice and your past experience before I make this...
-
M
Nice layout, do you have a list of track requirements and any other details on this plan?
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)