KATO track and switches good or bad

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


mlachap925

New Member
I would like to know your opinions on KATO track and switches? I am starting a new layout and I have only ever used Atlas and Peco, so I only have experience with these 2 brands. Have or are any of you using KATO track and switches. I know that I will receive many opinions, but that is exactly the information I want.
 
I assume you are talking "HO" Unitrack rather than "N" but, either way, Kato makes a very nice track and the switches are very reliable.

I use Kato Unitrack for my temporary layouts each winter and it goes together easy and I've never had any electrical issues with it. I use the #6 switches and they are terrific.

Kato makes a color matching ballast also for more permanent installations. My only complaint is that in HO, Kato does not have as many track pieces available as they do for N scale and they do not make an Atlas to Kato adaptor piece either.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top