ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I am looking to buy a new DCC system and I am looking at Digitrax and NCE. My layout is a 6'x10' layout running a maximum of 3 to 4 trains at a time. Which system would you recommend and does Anyone have pros and cons about each system? Thanks for your help.
Both Digitrax and NCE have thier merits, but whatever system you look at, you WILL find pros and cons to both. My suggestion is to find clubs or folks in your area who have each, and tell them you are interested in DCC. Most modelers would have no problem offering a "road test" of either system. Ultimately, its up to what you feel comfortable with. Not what this forum or that magazine says or what some self appointed pundit says.
I did this back in 98, purchased NCE and have never looked back.