Recent content by mager

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    Locomotive headlight locations.

    Hello everyone, why do some railroads mount the headlights of locomotives on the nose and other railroads mount the headlights on the roof? Is there a benefit to one location over the other? Or is it simply for that railroads particular style? Thank you.
  2. M

    Is Interest In Model Railroading Dwindling?

    I heard Trainfest has it's largest turnout ever this year. That's a very good sign.
  3. M

    Bowser Alco C-430

    Is Loksound better than Tsunami? I'm not familiar with sound systems so I can't speak.
  4. M

    Bowser Alco C-430

    This made my day. They are comming out with a C-430. I must get the GBW models.
  5. M

    Do you prime the track before you paint it?

    Hello everyone, do you have to prime the track/ rails before you paint it? The last thing I would have to have happen is paint chipping off of the track/ rails after the ballast and other senery is completed.
  6. M

    Walthers Mainline Locomotives-Detail level?

    Will the Mainline series have the same drive train as the Proto 2000 series?
  7. M

    Walthers Mainline Locomotives-Detail level?

    Thanks for the input. I didn't know Walthers re-named the Proto 1000 line to Mainline. I also agree that I wouldn't call the Trainline series borderline junk.
  8. M

    Walthers Mainline Locomotives-Detail level?

    Hi everyone. Does anyone know if the new Walthers Mainline locomotive series will have seperatly applied grab irons, molded grab irons, or none? What about other details? I'm very interested in the upcomming Milwaukee Road SW1 as it fits my Railroad, Era, and most importantly budget. Thanks...
  9. M

    Which type of wood to use for benchwork for a portable layout?

    I will copy the Beer Line project layout in terms of frame dimensions. 2 sections of 2'x4' and 2 sections of 2'x8'.
  10. M

    Which type of wood to use for benchwork for a portable layout?

    With using foam as the top board, is there a concern that too much wieght from the seanery, (or a poorly placed hand for support) might go through the foam? Thanks for your inputs.
  11. M

    Which type of wood to use for benchwork for a portable layout?

    Hello everyone, I plan to build a layout very similar to the Beer Line which was published in MR in '09. I want a light weight layout because I plan to be able to move it if necessary. What type of wood do you experts recommend for the frame of the benchwork with considerations to cost...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top