Recent content by leestevenson

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. leestevenson

    Fresh Start

    Appreciate the input. #6 seems to be the common denominator. I'm hung up on either Peco or Micro Engineering for quality of turnout that is more derail resistant. Also just to note for the record, this schematic is from work and I realize that in HO size it would be ridiculously large!
  2. leestevenson

    Fresh Start

    I plan on starting with a yard and building off of that. Working for CP, I'd like to use one of the smaller yards we service. My questions for helping get this yard started are what type of switches (#5, #6 etc.) would be best for this application. I'm looking at Peco and Micro Engineering...
  3. leestevenson

    Layout Design Software

    Is it me, or do most of the layout design programs have a learning curve? Is there one for those who don't have a graphic design degree?
  4. leestevenson

    CA Glue

    I get the white residue from the Zap. What are you using for applicators and how would you maintain them?
  5. leestevenson

    Brass Locomotive Repair

    Appreciate the responses. I will have to do some homework, and call around.
  6. leestevenson

    Brass Locomotive Repair

    Completely stumped on a legit place to do business with. Not adventurous enough to try myself.
  7. leestevenson

    CA Glue

    I know it has likely been discussed many of times. Proper use of CA glue. How to not get white stains, or a brand that is durable and stain free. Working for the railway myself, I have little time to spend looking at every possibility and would rather spend the time on the models themselves...
  8. leestevenson

    Potash Mines

    The mines are quite the set up. Nothing to really replicate to kit bash for them. There would be a lot of photography and planning involved with even having one custom made. Kinda sucks considering it's a big part of the terminal I work at.
  9. leestevenson

    I got my Rail Pro today

    I'm slightly confused. Is it mandatory to use their decoders?
  10. leestevenson

    Potash Mines

    Potash is such a big part of our railway here in Canada. Canpotex, Mosaic, Potash Corp, Agrium and BHP all big names rarely seen in modeling. Has anyone ever had the idea for having a mine on their layout? I know with 3D printing these days anything is possible. Wondering if I am the only...
  11. leestevenson

    Filling gaps/holes with styrene

    So, my understanding from this is that styrene has to be used in conjunction with a filler in type of application. If so then I'm set.
  12. leestevenson

    Filling gaps/holes with styrene

    Is there a better way or just an easier way? I'm kind of interested in both, but end result I would like to be the right way. If that makes sense?
  13. leestevenson

    Filling gaps/holes with styrene

    I actually came across this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=089uQKCSZPY and at the 4:23 mark he shows the finished work of filling the hole creating the prototypical single rear headlight on a CP Rail AC4400CW. Since this is something I am interested in doing to mine to make them more...
  14. leestevenson

    Filling gaps/holes with styrene

    I've gone square eyeballed on looking for how to videos filling holes or gaps with styrene. Anyone have a link they can share? Maybe some photos might be floating around too maybe?
  15. leestevenson

    Whats the deal with Marklin?

    I've always wondered why they are so expensive, and quite frankly looks anything but prototypical in quite a few models. Am I missing something?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top