Recent content by Kusojiji

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Kusojiji

    What trains did you run today?

    All of the motive power was in shop at the time, so in order to keep revenue going, the heritage railroad had to break out a reserve loco to keep the visitors happy.
  2. Kusojiji

    RETIRED GUY PROJECTS

    You must be using a phone or ipad.
  3. Kusojiji

    RETIRED GUY PROJECTS

    One way is to copy the video's link and paste it directly into the post. It would be cool if you could share your videos that you put on youztube.
  4. Kusojiji

    RETIRED GUY PROJECTS

    Got the speaker mounted temporarily for fitment. I almost made a mistake and made the shroud too deep. That would have basically sealed the speaker against the bottom. I ended up giving it 2 mm of clearance to the bottom so that the sound can propagate. Otherwise, I'd have to drill out a lot of...
  5. Kusojiji

    RETIRED GUY PROJECTS

    The space that I have is roughly 4 mm x 10 mm. The 6 pin JST connector (male) is 3 mm x 9.5 mm. I'll paint it black to help it disappear.
  6. Kusojiji

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    A little egg with your salsa? Looks gud!
  7. Kusojiji

    RETIRED GUY PROJECTS

    Found that a 1.25 mm pitch JST 6 pin connector will fit, so found it on the jungle site and ordered it. The kit comes with a whole bunch of other sizes, so hopefully, this will be the last kit I need to buy.
  8. Kusojiji

    RETIRED GUY PROJECTS

    So I removed the spacer/pin guide and was able to push the decoder all the way down onto the adapter. Coal load able to close now. Next up will be to make a connector to run the wiring to the loco. I need 6 wires to go forward. Still looking for a suitable connector to fit on that step.
  9. Kusojiji

    RETIRED GUY PROJECTS

    Tinkering with the idea of putting sound in my Kato HO D51. I installed a decoder and have firebox and cab lighting going. The decoder is inside the boiler but doesn't have enough room for a sound decoder, so that'll have to be installed in the tender. So I bought a spare tender and am doing...
  10. Kusojiji

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    I got my first site timeout about 30 minutes ago. Bummers desu!
  11. Kusojiji

    Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

    Greyhound on that Challenger.
  12. Kusojiji

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    I got my first "oops" message on the site in a few. Hope it is a temporary thing.
  13. Kusojiji

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    Good morning all. Nice sunny day with the outside temps at 18C / 65F. They days have been starting cool in the house, but the dining room / kitchen gets hot from the afternoon sun. We lower the shutter and have the sliding door open as well as the kitchen door window and the front door open with...
  14. Kusojiji

    RETIRED GUY PROJECTS

    I was wondering if the styling of the ends was inspired by the 747, but this train came first. I am surprised that they pushed 130 km/h on the 3 ft 6 inch rails. I don't think that's the practice now. Keikyuu and Shinkansen use the 4 ft 8.5 in track. I think Keikyuu pushes 120 km/h.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top