Recent content by jevansoh

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Athearn N Scale Loco Hex Nut Size

    Ok, thank you so much. I didn't think or realize that as long as it was "smaller" than the hole it would work, so I just ordered a set of small hex nuts in misc sizes from M1, M1.5, M2, etc, along with the matching screws so hopefully that will fix me up. I should know on Wednesday as that's...
  2. J

    Athearn N Scale Loco Hex Nut Size

    Yes, that's odd. It's a metal nut and a metal screw, both black.
  3. J

    Athearn N Scale Loco Hex Nut Size

    Thanks, but it's a metal nut. They use two. One on each side to hold the two halves of the loco together.
  4. J

    Athearn N Scale Loco Hex Nut Size

    I forgot to mention, I have a misc hex nut/bolt set and tried an M3 hex nut but it was just slightly too big. So I'm wondering if they use an M2 or something "special" that only they would have, or "other?" Thanks!
  5. J

    Athearn N Scale Loco Hex Nut Size

    I was doing some maintenance on an Athearn N Scale Santa Fe FP45 Loco and ended up stripping the hex nut out then managed to lose it on top of that and need a replacement but I cannot find a replacement anywhere online specifically for Athearn locos so I was wondering if it is a standard size...
  6. J

    JMRI DecoderPro using Lenz system Times out on first read/write on page

    Hi, I'm using the ethernet port on my Lenz LI-USB-ETHERNET device to connect to JMRI and DecoderPro. I'm having an odd problem. The first line/CV that is either read or written always times out. It takes a few minutes to do "anything" because the first one always times out, for instance when...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top