Recent content by Jaoquin

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Difference between Proto 1000 and Proto 2000 RDCs?

    Hi I am wondering if it is worth an upgrade to get a Proto 2000 rail diesel car. Does anyone have an opinion? I can't find a comparison/differences by googling. Thanks for your help.
  2. J

    Opinions please on Powercab vs. Procab

    Thanks guys. It sounds like the Power Cab will do everything I want. I can have the Powerhouse unit in reserve.
  3. J

    Opinions please on Powercab vs. Procab

    Hi Everyone, Here is my stituation. I already own a hand me down Powerhouse DCC Command Station (PH-1 Circa 1999) without the handheld throttle unit which was lost AND a Loy's Toys Fuel Tank. I have a vague idea how to set them up and I assume they are in working condition. I contacted NCE...
  4. J

    First layout plan - Comments appreciated

    Good stuff, Steve. I like your plan. Thanks a million!
  5. J

    First layout plan - Comments appreciated

    I am checking back for the first time in days. I came here for advice and got some good stuff from you experienced RRers. I appreciate the time taken to resketch it. I have never operated a model layout which really puts me at a real disadvantage. I thought having a continuous run and one...
  6. J

    First layout plan - Comments appreciated

    It all helps. Thanks for looking at it, everyone.
  7. J

    First layout plan - Comments appreciated

    Hi After spending countless hours looking through books and online for layout plans that would work in my spare bedroom (11' x 11'), I have finally come up with a layout plan I like. One that has a continuous mainline that I can reverse direction on. Having never built a layout before and...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top