Difference between Proto 1000 and Proto 2000 RDCs?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Jaoquin

New Member
Hi
I am wondering if it is worth an upgrade to get a Proto 2000 rail diesel car. Does anyone have an opinion? I can't find a comparison/differences by googling.
Thanks for your help.
 
I wasn't aware that Life Like made a Proto 2000 RDC, or is this something new from the Walthers group?
 
cann't image a huge diffrence & like selector said ,I didnt know they made a 2k proto rdc ,buuuuuuuuuuut if you want to use it as an excuse to get another loco, y yes yes the diffrence is huge & you should run right out & purchase 1 today :p
 


I think the RDC was ONLY made in Proto 1000. They are great running engines with same motors drives,...just a little less details such as separate hand grabs etc
 
RE: Proto 2000 RDC . . . not . . .

I think the RDC was ONLY made in Proto 1000. They are great running engines with same motors drives,...just a little less details such as separate hand grabs etc

Yes, the former Life-Like, and now Walthers, never produced a Proto 2000 (or P2K) RDC.
The new RDC offerings from Walthers are the equivalent of the Proto 1000, cast on hand grabs and very few individual add-on parts.

Don
Lower Arizona

vn_medal_tiny.jpg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top