Recent content by gmoore

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. G

    PRODIGY ADVANCE 2 "squared"

    I will let you know how it works as soon as I get it. I bought it from Tony's Train Exchange today. They are out of stock but are going to get them in the next couple of days. Hope this weekend!!!
  2. G

    PRODIGY ADVANCE 2 "squared"

    I'm getting a MRC PRODIGY ADVANCE 2 this week. Pros/ Cons I should look for when setting this system up? Greg
  3. G

    P2K GP38-2 Is NOT DCC Ready!!

    My Proto 2000 S1 said it was DCC ready...NOT!!! I blew a TCS decoder. After finding the fix on line all is well now. The only good thing is that Train Control System gave me a new decoder under warranty. Great service. It is just an expensive lesson to learn on what models are really DCC ready...
  4. G

    Testing DCC installations

    Nice setup. I got a NCE Smartbooster3 and will set up the Power Cab power supply for programing. Greg
  5. G

    Help with Soundtraxx DSD-At100 sound

    The power supply is the one that came with the Power Cab. I use a Smart Booster 3 on the rest of the layout but use the power cab power supply for my program/test track.
  6. G

    Help with Soundtraxx DSD-At100 sound

    I ran the loco before on DCC with a TCS decoder. I even removed the Soundtraxx, installed the Atrean board with the TCS decoder and the engine worked fine. So then I hooked up the Soundtracxx decoder to a test track and ran the engine on it. The engine worked fine, but the sound did the same...
  7. G

    Help with Soundtraxx DSD-At100 sound

    I installed a Soundtraxx DSD AT100 sound decoder in my Athrean RS3. I got sounds, idle,bell and horn but when I throttled up the loco I got a ding sound and then nothing for 2 sec. then a higher idle sound. Also my loco only go's in reverse when I select fwd or reverse.
  8. G

    What decoder do I have?

    Merry Xmas everyone! I got a Spectrurm 2-8-0 steam engine from my wife. She got it off of Ebay. It came with a sound decoder and speaker that was put together with electrical tape. I am going to fix it up. The sounds work good but there is no name on the decoder. My NCE Power Cab reads the...
  9. G

    Athrean RS3 sound

    I have a TSC that fits after removing the jumper plug. Did you place the Soundtraxx on top of the adapter board? Wher did you put the speaker? Also how do you lock the decoder? I have a NCE PowerCab set-up. I was looking at it and if I remove the adapter board I could replace whole thing with...
  10. G

    Looking for Atlas S2/4 New Haven

    I am looing for a Atlas HO scale S2/4 in New haven colors. Greg
  11. G

    Athrean RS3 sound

    I pulled the shell off to take a look. The only room a saw is if I cut open the cab and try to fit a small speaker there. Don't know how well it will sound though.
  12. G

    Athrean RS3 sound

    Looks like I got a lot of work ahead of me. I just read that MRC has come out with a sound decoder for switchers that I maybe can get to work.
  13. G

    Athrean RS3 sound

    Has anyone installed a sound decoder into the new Athrean RS3? Greg
  14. G

    small layout help

    My eyesight isn't what it use to be. I do like the HO for the detail. Also I want to try to add sound to some of my engines. Those N scale are kind of "cute"
  15. G

    Proto SW1

    S1 Sorry, S1. I found a external set up on Soundtraxx web site. So again has anyone tried to install a sound decoder in a S1?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top