ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Merry Xmas everyone! I got a Spectrurm 2-8-0 steam engine from my wife. She got it off of Ebay. It came with a sound decoder and speaker that was put together with electrical tape. I am going to fix it up. The sounds work good but there is no name on the decoder. My NCE Power Cab reads the decoder manufacturer number as 033 and the decoder version as 031. How can I find out who made this decoder so I can get some instruction on what CVs to play with. Thanks,
Greg
Bachmann used to use Lenz detectors and sound cards but they are now making their own although the design is still apparently based on a Lenz license. You might check out the Lenz site and see if that rings any bells.
I have a lot of different sound decoders. I've been buying them for 11 years, but none with the manufacture's ID of 33. I did see this in a manual though. CV8 - Contains the NMRA issued manufacture's ID code assignment. SO I guess you would find out from the NMRA. Forget it I see some else has found it.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)