ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
G
Thanks guys. N scale might be a little too small, plus like you said Iron Horseman the snap together tracks were not available back then. I am not sure what sand you tried, but the sand I ordered is silica free, and 100% safe for children as it is used in hospitals and what not. Regular sand...
-
G
I use mainly all remote switches except for sidings that I have just for looks, then manual works fine. Depending on your track selection, some companies such as KATO for their HO track sell manual switches and if you want it to be a remote switch you can buy a piece for it that makes the...
-
G
For those wondering the table size is 22 feet long in total. 8 foot wide for 14 feet of the table and about 9 feet wide for the remaining 8 feet. It is a little wider than 9 feet. I have been the table with the sand, the table is built solid as I had it professionally built by a professional...
-
G
Lost track of this thread for a while. Anyhow here are some pictures:
Still getting my track plan figured out, but so far I am having great success with my layout. I decided to go with Green sand, the area looks like ground. I have run a few trains now around the table multiple times and it...
-
G
I would consider putting a 1 inch high rail around your shelf, reinforce it to the wall, and make it into an indoor sandbox. There are some makers of sand that advertise and certify their sand to be 100% safe indoors. You can even get it colored green. Then just place your layout right on the...
-
G
For those wondering, I was able to use reed switches, except that I gave up on the idea, because even if positioned just right, the electronics would stop both trains and switch both's direction when one just got to an end section. I ended up just going with a single line that has a train going...
-
G
I have been thinking about an upcoming layout, and I am thinking of doing it in a sandbox inside. I found this sand: http://www.sandtastik.com/100-sand/101-white-play-sand which is supposed to be non toxic and 100% safe for children. I figure if it safe for a child it should be safe for me...
-
G
I think the simplest method would be the use of normally closed reed switches. Glue a magnet under the last car on each of my train. When the magnet is over the reed switch it would cut power to the section behind. Thus no train could rear end the other. Now I just have to find normally...
-
G
Thanks for the suggestion and pointers. I will have to explore and look into those. I was definitely thinking blocks, I just wish there was some really simple way of achieving the effect without needing a computer. Perhaps that is the only way to make that work....
-
G
Okay I need some help with the following:
I currently have this product: http://www.tamvalleydepot.com/products/trainshuttle.html which is for running a DCC train back and forth. My layout is as follows:
_____________<===========>________________
Basically I have a single track with a...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)