Recent content by Dominion Atlantic

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    Question about Kato N scale

    Thanks very much.
  2. D

    Question about Kato N scale

    Excellent. That gives me something to go by. Thanks very much!
  3. D

    Question about Kato N scale

    Picked up a Kato N scale set last year and was hoping to set it up on a 6' x 30"" wide table. Well, the curve radii were quite wide, and it wouldn't fit on the table. If I were to go to a 45 degree turn, can someone tell me if that would fit on the table? Or is there some other sharper...
  4. D

    S Scale

    Very impressive! What type of track is that ........ Gargraves? And what is the sub-roadbed made of?
  5. D

    American Flyer Enthusiast

    Flyer Hey Larry, I appreciate hearing from you. Unfortunately, I'm in a somewhat isolated part of Canada (Nova Scotia) with not much of a population around. I watch E-Bay closely. Hopefully, someday I'll be able to spend more time in Florida and do some shopping down there. Cheers, Bill
  6. D

    American Flyer Enthusiast

    American Flyer Duly noted and bookmarked. Thank-you.
  7. D

    American Flyer Enthusiast

    I am interested in repairing/restoring American Flyer train gear. I am basically beginning from scratch. Not many tools, but I'm looking for a challenge and I think this could be it. I've done HO gauge stuff, but I find the parts are just too small, so I'm looking to move up a size. I plan...
  8. D

    Clubs, good or bad?

    Sounds to me like they are giving you the proverbial "run around". I used to work shiftwork myself. Maybe you could find another group or start one yourself?
  9. D

    Dickens and HO

    Very Nice My very first train set came the same Christmas that I received a farm set; "Pedigree Farms". Anyway, my big brother set it all up on the dining room table. The farm, with the train going around it. That memory has never left me and I've been hooked ever since. Thank-you for...
  10. D

    Clubs, good or bad?

    They're great if you can find a good one. There was a really good one only about an hour away from me, but unfortunately they folded.
  11. D

    Diesels in a consist

    Interesting Interesting that you mention that business is a bit slow now. Must be one of the reasons that Warren Buffett bought BNSF. Commodities were booming back then; Potash, metal, etc. Cheers, BH
  12. D

    So new to Model Railroading I don't know where to start

    Don't put yourself down because you're new. I've been at this for 10 years and I'm no expert, but I've tracked a few layouts. Build your 3x6 with 15R curves. Keep it small and manageable. You won't be able to run long flatcars or long coaches, you need a bigger radius (18") to do that...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top