Question about Kato N scale

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Picked up a Kato N scale set last year and was hoping to set it up on a 6' x 30"" wide table. Well, the curve radii were quite wide, and it wouldn't fit on the table. If I were to go to a 45 degree turn, can someone tell me if that would fit on the table? Or is there some other sharper degree turn that I could use? I like the Kato track, doesn't seem to be too expensive, and shouldn't take up too much space. Not looking to pull anything longer than 40 foot cars in N scale.

Thanks.

Dominion Atlantic
 
It's not the degrees that's the problem, it's the radius. For 30 " wide table the largest radius would be 14" but a little less would be better. I don't know the available radii for the Kato Unitrack but there are some that will suit your purpose. Maybe 12" or 12 1/2"
 


Kato n scale curved track

Kato makes several radius curve pieces that work very well, the local hobby shop will have a bunch on and and you can look at them and decide what you want.
If all else fails use Atlas code 80 flextrack with a cork roadben. I use these and then add the connectors so I can hook right up to Unitrack. Works great to.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top