American Flyer Enthusiast

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I am interested in repairing/restoring American Flyer train gear. I am basically beginning from scratch. Not many tools, but I'm looking for a challenge and I think this could be it. I've done HO gauge stuff, but I find the parts are just too small, so I'm looking to move up a size. I plan on using the internet as my reference source, but if anyone can make any recommendations about sites to check out I would really appreciate it. I have a contact who has an electronics background, so if I get stuck I can always run up the white flag, but this is something that I would really like to learn something from.

Thanks.
 


Do you have a shopping guide in your area w/free classifieds? It seems there's a lot of surpus "S" scale floating around that you could find pretty cheap.
 
Flyer

Hey Larry,

I appreciate hearing from you. Unfortunately, I'm in a somewhat isolated part of Canada (Nova Scotia) with not much of a population around. I watch E-Bay closely. Hopefully, someday I'll be able to spend more time in Florida and do some shopping down there.

Cheers,

Bill
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top