Recent content by derfatdutchman

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    Ghosts of the past

    Here's a couple ghosts from Wyoming Avenue, Scranton PA. If the building looks a little familiar, it should as I believe it served as the protoype for Walthers Water Street Freight Termial. Here is a close up of the cast iorn sign thats on the left of the photo, hard to believe its still...
  2. D

    thoughts on how to spend 300 dollars.

    Having installed a few sound decoders, I'd buy the locomotive shound equipped from the factory. No milling frames, no problem squeezing in speakers, no fustration when the @#$%^^ shell doesn't fit on one corner.
  3. D

    Coal Breaker

    Thanks everone for the kind words. I scratch built the breaker using plans published in RMC as start. I model the DL&W in the coal region. Hopefully the next bunch of photos I put up will be better quaility.
  4. D

    Coal Breaker

    Been working on finishing up the coal breaker and support buildings lately. Here are two shots showing the breaker, power house and water tower. Sorry for the poor quaility shot with my phone.
  5. D

    Coal mine trams

    In the anthracite region alot of the trackage was 30" inch guage. At the Wanamie mine in the northern anthracite field, steam "lokies" hauling wood mine cars lasted into the early 70's. Check out www.undergroundminers.com for photos of steam operatons at the Wanamie.
  6. D

    Another new guy

    Hello to everyone, been lurking on the forum for awhile and finally registered. I got my first train set when I was 6 years old, I wore the wheels off that old Tyco ALCO. For along time I didn't have alot of direction in the hobby and fanantsy would be an apt discription of what I did. Now a...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top