Recent content by BNSFnut

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. BNSFnut

    MBTA -Repainted!- -not done-

    Very nice. Do you have a MBTA layout?
  2. BNSFnut

    My First Layout. Questions, Updates, Comments Thread

    Yup I'm still here :) just a busy time of year with the school year ending and final tests to study for..... ugh. But anyways, how much longer would you say it takes to install flex track vs EZ track. Time is the main reason I would go with it. And it's simplicity is nice. I like the idea of...
  3. BNSFnut

    My First Layout. Questions, Updates, Comments Thread

    Iron Horseman, I'm not set on EZ track but I wanted to use something like it for quick installation. Initially I want to keep it on one level but I'm not against multiple. Like I said, it's a very rough draft. Just kind of an idea of what I'm looking for. Trussrod, thanks for the reply. I did...
  4. BNSFnut

    My First Layout. Questions, Updates, Comments Thread

    I was using sectional for this, Bachman EZ.
  5. BNSFnut

    My First Layout. Questions, Updates, Comments Thread

    Here's what I've came up with so far. There's a 50 peice limit to the trial version of Anyrail so I loosely drew in what was left ha ha. 1. This is where the mainline starts for bigger Class 1 railroad. The mainline includes the whole outer loop. I could put a staging yard beyond here. 2. Here...
  6. BNSFnut

    My First Layout. Questions, Updates, Comments Thread

    I'm trying out Anyrail. No complaints this far ha. Steve I like that layout. I'd change a few things to fit more to my needs but it would be a good template. I'll see if I can work on some designs in Anyrail to share on here and see what you all think.
  7. BNSFnut

    My First Layout. Questions, Updates, Comments Thread

    Thanks I'll look into getting some literature. Does anyone know of any good free layout design software? I would like something to mess around on to create ideas.
  8. BNSFnut

    My First Layout. Questions, Updates, Comments Thread

    For my layout I would like to have both continuous operation and switching operation, with more of a focus on switching. So leaning more towards 4x8 still. I would like a around the room setup but my room won't be able to accommodate something that wraps around the whole room. I have no problems...
  9. BNSFnut

    My First Layout. Questions, Updates, Comments Thread

    DCC is easier to install than DC eh? Now that's good news! I guess the common assumption to the beginner is it would be more complicated due to its complex nature I suppose ha ha. I've really caught a break in the finances department with my grandpa's collection. I think I'll be able to save big...
  10. BNSFnut

    Greetings!

    There's a fair bit of NP and C&N stuff as well! I brought some models home with me from my last visit to grandma's and when I get those listed on my Dad's ebay store I'll be sure to let the forum know. Logandsawman I'll try and PM you if I get any of your roads up and listed. Thanks again for...
  11. BNSFnut

    My First Layout. Questions, Updates, Comments Thread

    Hello everyone! I'm starting to throw around the idea of making a layout for the first time. I'm pretty inexperienced in the hobby and will have lots of questions along the way, and that's what this thread is for. For me to ask away and keep everyone updated on where I'm at with the layout...
  12. BNSFnut

    Greetings!

    Thank you everyone! I look forward to learning! My family will be selling my Grandpa's trains on Ebay, and I can definitely post listings on here. He focused on the steam to diesel transition period, lots of Great Northern, Milwaukee Road, and Santa Fe stuff. Feel free to contact me if your...
  13. BNSFnut

    Greetings!

    Hello all! I'm a junior in high school from northern Minnesota. I'm starting (trying) to get in on the model railroad scene and have a great foundation to get started on. My grandpa was a model railroader, but he passed away in 2011. He owned a hobby shop back in the day when he lived in...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top