Recent content by bnsf971

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    He said he also broke one of the axles on the tender while he was stuffing it back in the box.
  2. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    This just in: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2026/10/09/mike-ditka-dead-obituary-chicago-bears/10288758002/
  3. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    Good morning. It’s cloudy and 76, with a chance of hurricanes later in the week. Today started poorly for many of us on the road. Somebody rolled their car over in the middle of the highway, resulting in the road being totally shut down. I, and a couple thousand of my new closest friends, had to...
  4. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    If you feel like messing with it, you could install a series of fence posts next to the steps so the tops are between waist and chest high, and secure a chain along the tops of the fence posts. It's cheaper than a handrailing, and is not something your neighbors would have--as well as being...
  5. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    Good morning from my place of employment, where the restrictions for access seem to have been eased somewhat. Everything still has to go through the company’s filters, then through the forum’s filters, then the verification has to go through the company’s filters again, which makes everything...
  6. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    Good morning. It continues raining, heavily at times, with a flood watch. It's 75.
  7. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    And email. Sometimes a half-dozen different emails for the same user name. I finally ended up banning his ip address.
  8. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    All he had to do was pick an email and stick with it...
  9. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    The layout is a size that would be about 16x8 in HO, so it’s a reasonable size for a passenger train. I try to keep them to around 4 cars and a single engine, so I now have a pair of 4 car trains.
  10. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    If it was 3-4 liters of alcohol, he’d have trouble forming complete sentences, much less being able to find the lab in the first place…
  11. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    They were pre-owned, but looked like they’d never seen track. It is a collage between a 6 car and a 4 car set.
  12. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    I went to my not-so-LHS yesterday morning, exchanged my defective and not-decoders. I got a refund for the not-decoder, and the replacement decoder is now controlling my MILW FP45. I also picked up an 8-car set of Kato UP passenger cars while I was there. When I got home, I got a pleasant...
  13. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    Good morning. It's raining heavily, as it has done since about 11:00 yesterday morning, and 75.
  14. bnsf971

    PRR S1 availability

    Tom, did you honk off the fecesbook gods again?
  15. bnsf971

    Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

    It’s Floriduh…




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top