Recent content by Barry

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    First Layout - Doable?

    Took the plunge and now I guess I am officially entering the hobby, I ordered the Spectrum set with DCC tsunami. I will report back when I get it. B
  2. B

    New ACTRR Updates

    For sure. I really liked the Blair Line Motel Kit.
  3. B

    New ACTRR Updates

    Thanks Mike!
  4. B

    First Layout - Doable?

    That looks great, thank you!
  5. B

    New ACTRR Updates

    Love your layout! Great work. Which model building suppliers/brands do you most like and would recommend? You have a lot of really nice buildings there.
  6. B

    First Layout - Doable?

    Here is a modified layout, version 1.2 lol. Removed the loops, opened up my curves quite a bit. I could modify to have a modified figure-8 similar to the first layout posted by Iron Horseman... Maybe this is something I can work with? If so, next step is to do a properly scaled layout and see...
  7. B

    First Layout - Doable?

    Great info and advice, thanks! The Bachmann Spectrum set and the other locos looks great.
  8. B

    First Layout - Doable?

    An O-scale Lionel set is definitely an option, that was the first place I looked based on the recommendation of my boss. Expensive to expand though....but you never know! They look awesome. Why make things hard on myself?? I like a challenge and new projects. I am just finishing up two guitar...
  9. B

    First Layout - Doable?

    The bypass is just an attempt to incorporate some variation to avoid boredom. Thanks for the links!
  10. B

    First Layout - Doable?

    1. There is a yard shown in green for storing cars/locos, just a rough idea. 2. Good info 3. I do plan to have 2 or maybe 3 loco's. But plan to run one train at a time. 4. N-Scale would be too small for my son I think, he is almost 6 by the way. We love doing projects together and he is...
  11. B

    First Layout - Doable?

    I have removed the mine loop with over/under bridge. I do plan on using 1 or 2 inch foam, probably 2 inch to accommodate the negative elevation of the mine.
  12. B

    First Layout - Doable?

    Thanks for the info. I will have full access during the building phase, but plan to have it against a wall eventually. To reach things, I may have to modify during the build. I have a long reach, but not freakishly long! lol
  13. B

    First Layout - Doable?

    Thank you all for the wonderful replies! I have a lot to digest and will get to each one asap. Cheers Barry
  14. B

    First Layout - Doable?

    Hey all, Below you will find my first attempt at designing a layout. It is HO scale and I plan on using Atlas Code 83 n/s flextrack and radiussed sections from 18-22". I was thinking about getting a trainset kit at first and then expand the set to what you see in the layout (or something like...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top