zephyr operating questions

jun_1.8T

whew....i finally was able to program my 2 atlas n-scale locos with the lenz decoders.

anyways...now that im running 2 locos at a time, i have a question. when i stop the throttle of one of my locos and switch to the other one, as soon as i call up the other loco on my zephyr the loco will also stop because the throttle is at the stop position. is there like a memory function that i can use so that this thing will not happen??? i hope you guys can understand what im talking about.

thanks!

As you know, to select another loco you press LOCO, enter the number, and press LOCO again. Between pressing LOCO the first time and the second time(while the display is flashing) you can adjust the throttle to approximately match the setting of the loco you are switching to.

The Zepher doesn't remember speed or direction when changing from one engine to another. I use mine as a base throttle for my yard and to program new engines. I bought a UT4 as a second throttle. This allows you to run 2 engines with different throttles or...

I have had 7 engines running with just these 2 throttles. The UT4 will remember both direction and speed settings for the engines, this is why my Zepher is used in the yard. You can start one engine then change to another and it will remember if go back to the first which direction and how fast it was going. I've got an 11 x 18 around the room layout and when the grandkids come over they like to see as many trains moving at one time as grandpa can keep moving.

I hope this helps

Wayne

Sorry I am no help in answering your question, but this is why I am in the "one throttle per train" camp. On my Digitrax Zephyr I use the jumper ports for two more throttles. I hate playing "video game" poking buttons and scrolling through stacks just to run a train.

Back