Your other interests...

I'm new here so hope you don't mind me putting in two cents worth. I see a lot of you are into old cars and there are several here that are really nice. The 60 Chevy is particularly nice as is the red truck. Don't see any RC ship models so I'll try and post a few pics of what i have. Norgale
My 60 Lincoln. Nice sled that got 8 MPG no matter how I drove it.
One of my creations under construction. Woodie 001.jpgGangster Yacht 001.jpgWoodie Scratch build 003.jpgLincoln at house..jpg

Welcome to the forums Norgale and nope - post as much as you want, nothing here saying you have to have been a member (per se) for so long before you can post :)

Thanks for the comments guys. The Lincoln was a great car. I got it in 05 but when I got laid off my job I had to get rid of it because of the cost of insurance and storage. Fun to work on and really fun to drive. I'd like to get another one sometime.

Iron Horseman,

"...I've got some land for sale you could buy to start the project with....."

I might be very interested in that proposition. How much land? How isolated? How much do you want for it?

Drop me a PM or email if you like.

Lots of interesting stuff in this thread; I'll make my contribution, in no particular order...

* Plastic models: 1/72 scale aircraft, 1/35 scale armor, anything else that catches my eye
* Cast metal 1/1200 - 1/1250 ships, mainly 20th Century warships
* Cast metal 1/285 "mico armor" -- these little jewels are pretty addicting!
* Photography: used to do 35mm, now just with my li'l digital point-'n-shoot. Would like a DSLR, but the wife says I got too many cameras already...
* Music: over 450 albums in vinyl, about 200 CD's. Mainly 60's-80's, but a few odds and ends here and there. Spike Jones, anybody?? :)
* Reading: Sci-fi and military fiction, all kinds of reference books for all my hobbies
* Cooking: Love to cook, fairly good at it. But I HATE cleanup and doing dishes! Don't bake, too scientific; I just start throwing ingredients together until it's "right"
* Eating: Some folks eat to live, I live to eat... seems like I ALWAYS need to lose weight, but there's just too much tasty food out there to pass up! ;)
* Computers: Built two systems on my own, now just basically play with my laptop
* Televised sports: NFL Football is my favorite. I work as the Graphic Coordinator for the big screen TV crew for the Indianapolis Colts. FUN!!!
* My family and our dogs. Two kids, three dogs (oh, and a wife... did I mention her already? :D ) The dogs are a 85+ pound yellow Lab, a 95+ pound
chocolate Lab / Border Collie mix... and a 5-pound Chihuahua. We gained the Chihuahua (or chi - hoo-a - hoo-a) when our son moved back home while
searching for a better job. The dogs get along great, and Max (the little fella) thinks he's the same size as the big dogs. Fun to watch them play!
* Oh, and model railroading -- HO scale. Main focus is on the Illinois Central circa 1969 or so, but have some steam, some NKP, some N&W and some what-not...

Regards,
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots going on with you then Tom. I never thought of eating as an "interest", but now you mentioned it that can be added to my list as well :)

One of my other interests/hobbies was/is Flight Simming and painting aircraft for (mainly) FS9. Thought I'd "show off" one or two of my paints:

Bell 206:

MysticTwo.png

MysticThree.png

Wow a lot of interesting interests guys!
Never thought to add my love of trucks...
'63 Binder:
image.jpg
'78 Ford " Supertruck"
image.jpg
Still have the IH and will be doing up an old Scout 4x4 soon.

Thanx Tony, it's a lot of fun to drive!
There's a fellow nearby who flies a scale chopper in the field behind us upside down!
No idea how he does that but the blades must reverse or something...

Here is a Sikorsky CH53A doing rolls and loops. Over the years all the ones I flew in, just went up flew some where and landed.:)
http://youtu.be/VC2E8RJE3Jo

Other interest include in no particular order:
Reading mysteries
1 Wife
4 cats
photography
Gardening
home repair
Railroad history
Pizza
Eating the wifes gourmet cooking
Enjoying retirement.

Cool thread Tony. I've been quiet lately because it's been R.C. plane season here in N.E Ohio. Just trying to keep my sons interested in something besides girls . Losing by a landslide though. They're all getting to that age, so I am enjoying it while I can. I'm in the middle of a couple of plane builds right now. One's gonna be a real beauty. A Waco cabin model Bi-plane. About a 7' wingspan. The other is a Waco YMF5, just a little guy at 3' but should be a good flyer.

After crashing my first Eflight Gee-Bee, I looked at it and realize ALL the electronics are perfect, just the wings and a left wheelpant/wheel are ruined. I found my plans for a 4' wingspan Monocoupe 90a. I'm gonna scale it down to 2.5 feet and build the frame with indoor rubberband type balsa. covered in tissue, it should be light and fly in a realistic manner......I hope.

I love those size planes. I was an avid Guillows builder back in the day. I scratch build most of my planes off of borrowed plans or vintage kit plans. I probably have 60 lbs. of balsa wood all shapes and sizes. No foam or factory built planes for me.

I built several Sig balsa scale rubber band kits.. I did several Monocoupes, 3 Mr. Mulligan and the Peck Polymer Piper Cubs were my favorites. I lost a 1 night 28 that just flew away on a thermal. 1st dam flight too!

Back