Your H.O. Fleet Question

SD9 & GP9 for local and drag freights.
SD45T-2/SD40T-2/SD45 for mainline action.
GP40-TEBU-GP40 for rock trains.
GP35 for the beets.
SW1200 for local switching.

What more do you need?

I have downsized my fleet of SP/SSW loco's and got rid of all but two F-units and one Alco RS-3 and parted with all post 1987 loco's (widecab, speedlettered). I went from 80+ units to 30, this amount I can detail and paint myself.
I don't have a single loco of "foreign power".

I still think an F7 ABBA lash up in Black Widow colours is the most beautiful combination ever graced the rails, but I settled on a 1980-1984 time frame.

Regards,

René

Which is why I haven't responded to this thread until now. I don't really have a backbone to the fleet; I model the Hill LInes, so I got piles of GN, NP, SPS, and some CBQ locos. Plus, a handful of BN so I can do some 1970s stuff on the Oregon Trunk.

I also model the modern day, here in the midwest where I live. So, I have a pile of CSX and NS locos, plus some UP, BNSF, etc. because that's what I see when I'm out railfanning. Not to mention leasers.

Kennedy

I guess I'd have to list two fleets, as my primary road is the Montana Western that only had three pieces of motive power to serve its 54 miles of track: a 4-4-0 Richmond, a 4-6-0 Ten Wheeler, and a 65' Gas-electric... so I guess the 4-6-0 would be the heavy!

I have four GN trains that will do run-by's and they include a pair of E-7A's, a F-7A & B, a 2-8-2 "big Mike", and a 4-8-4 Northern. They will come out of hidden staging, put in their appearance and return to their stage track. Since I am a steam guy, the backbone of that lot will be the Northern.

Bob

Back